what to do if some one pretending to be someone else and shareing photos of other persons and then asking your personal detail then abuse you

mayurrock

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

There is [somebody] in Second life which started to help me to use Second life and teach me a lot but in return she asked my name, My Age, Where i live then she share picture of me and show me on discord then give me her different Second Life Id then Show me her pictures which are of some other persons from Instagram and at the end started then i m begin kind and getting close to her then started abusing me and then i block her. How can i file a report because i get to know that she did the same with my friend and she use the same story line did same to him .. how can i report that girl she is being since 12 years on Second life and she might done this a lot. and she posted on my feed that i am liar and stay away from me. is this allowed? 

[Name redacted by moderator]

Edited by Quartz Mole
to add more information
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 answers to this question

On 8/27/2023 at 4:03 PM, mayurrock said:

There is [somebody] in Second life which started to help me to use Second life and teach me a lot but in return she asked my name, My Age, Where i live then she share picture of me and show me on discord then give me her different Second Life Id then Show me her pictures which are of some other persons from Instagram and at the end started then i m begin kind and getting close to her then started abusing me and then i block her. How can i file a report because i get to know that she did the same with my friend and she use the same story line did same to him .. how can i report that girl she is being since 12 years on Second life and she might done this a lot. and she posted on my feed that i am liar and stay away from me. is this allowed? 

"and she posted on my feed" No she didn't. If you're talking about the sl feed where you posted a photo of your avatar in a field, then no she didn't (or perhaps you meant some other social site). It's good she didn't :) It's good you have her blocked. In the event IF someone ever would do that to you, screenshot that and upload that in world so you can make a report of it. Also include a link to your feed to Linden Labs, so they can remove it. But if it's just a comment to a post, click on the comment box, and then an "x" should appear, and click that to remove the comment. You can also go into your privacy settings and set your sl feed only so that friends can see it, and the public can't see it. That way no bad person will be able to post something mean on your feed. Again, all this is to help you in case if you run into any bad person in the future. That's terrible she abused you. That stinks. Make sure she is blocked on discord, and any other social site too (If you're connected on Instagram, block her there. If your not, block her there anyway if you do have an account there.).

Also, this is extremely important. When meeting people online anywhere in general like SL, discord, Instagram, etc, always be super careful of what information you share. Do not feel like you must share your real life name, age, where you live, discord, other social networks, etc. Especially your real life name and where you live. Those pieces of info are sensitive and should be kept private. It's a good rule of thumb to not share sensitive private info. There's scammers and bad people online anywhere in general. I never share my real life name and where I live because I know I'll never see these online people in real life. People online can really do some harmful stuff once they get your info (because there's people online who will want info for nefarious purposes like for stealing money, anything really), and then simply ditch you once they have it. I have some IT knowledge, so I wanted to share with you so you can be safe :) Anyway, please be more careful and be safe out there mayurrock :) I hope you'll find better people to engage with.

Edited by thefloofyvixen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, mayurrock said:

There is one ID (name removed) in Second life which started to help me to use Second life and teach me a lot but in return she asked my name, My Age, Where i live then she share picture of me and show me on discord then give me her different Second Life Id then Show me her pictures which are of some other persons from Instagram and at the end started then i m begin kind and getting close to her then started abusing me and then i block her. How can i file a report because i get to know that she did the same with my friend and she use the same story line did same to him .. how can i report that girl she is being since 12 years on Second life and she might done this a lot. and she posted on my feed that i am liar and stay away from me. is this allowed? 

This reminds me of the Jeremy Kyle Show (or the Jerry Springer Show), where the first person to come out onto the stage and tell their tale of woe is always believed by the majority of the audience.

And then the truth comes out!

I am afraid that your post is in violation of the community guidelines here on the forums. You must not name names. 

If you do have a case against someone, report them inworld with a screenshot and as much information as possible by clicking Help and Report Abuse - look through the menus that are at the top of your screen and you will find it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mayurrock said:

There is one ID <REDACTED> in Second life which started to help me to use Second life and teach me a lot but in return she asked my name, My Age, Where i live then she share picture of me and show me on discord then give me her different Second Life Id then Show me her pictures which are of some other persons from Instagram and at the end started then i m begin kind and getting close to her then started abusing me and then i block her. How can i file a report because i get to know that she did the same with my friend and she use the same story line did same to him .. how can i report that girl she is being since 12 years on Second life and she might done this a lot. and she posted on my feed that i am liar and stay away from me. is this allowed? 

First off -- REMOVE THE PERSON'S NAME from the post.  You cannot name folks here.

Second, if the person is sharing RL information about you to others, submit an AR and give as much FACTUAL DETAIL as possible. You can only report someone for actions against yourself - not for other people.

Besides the above -- Most of what is happening is just DRAMA and if you ignore it then the other person doesn't get a thrill from it anymore and will eventually stop.  Do not give them the pleasure of seeing you upset.  Find some new friends, new places to hang out, block the person, and ignore it all.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

Linden Lab will not do anything about what is done outside of Second Life and the SL website. Well, maybe they would care if someone posted on their Facebook page or YouTube channel, but maybe not.

All you can do is to cut off contact with this person. You can report them too, but Linden Lab won't tell you if they do anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mayurrock said:

if you're daft enough to share RL info, no sympathy.

On 8/28/2023 at 10:54 AM, belindacarson said:

if you're daft enough to share RL info, no sympathy.

People DO get married and have RL relationships from meeting others online. It happens from SL too. No RL info, no RL relationship. It's just a matter of being cautious and taking things slowly, in my opinion. People lie in RL too. You share a tiny bit, they share a tiny bit in return. If they look ultra attractive, be suspicious. People like that usually don't have a need to find someone online, unless they have preferences that aren't easy to find in the real world nearby.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.