Getting more coverage

DulceDiva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong section. If I do, then I do apologise! 🙂

I'm looking to gain more coverage - I will list what I'm already doing so far:

- attending events

- submitting offers or freebies on a popular website that promotes them

- posting on Flickr

- advertising on marketplace via the SL enhanced listings 

Could someone please tell me whether there are any other ways that I may be unaware of? 🙂

- 

7 hours ago, DulceDiva said:

I don't have a clue who the popular bloggers are. Also, I'd rather much prefer a friendly approach 😊

Get more active on Flickr. Look at the big Second Life groups. See who is posting, follow them. 

I sell furniture, I don't use Blogotex. I approach people on Flickr whose work I like and ask them if they would be interested in using some of my stuff for their photos, suggesting things that may suit their style. That is a friendly approach I think, and I have had some lovely pictures taken of my things and sales as a result. But then I don't have like this whole release schedule with constant events, and a need for permanent bloggers to showcase the stuff. If you are heading your business in that direction, you will eventually want to use Blogotex.

5 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

If you are heading your business in that direction, you will eventually want to use Blogotex.

Or not  LOL. 

While I was on BlogOtex at its beginning and "grandfathered in" by some people I had blogged for (like decades) I eventually left as a blogger there.  It works well for some creators but I have always like TALKING to the folks I blog for == now and then anyway.   I am sure it works well for some creators and for some bloggers but you CAN opt out and still do well -- with or without events.  

That wasn't an argument with your statement, just a segue on the theme of the thread. 

- In world presence.
Even a small shop on your own land, makes it possible to get your place in the inworld search for 10 L$ a week.
Many people like to buy through Caspar Vent because of the redeliver options (we don't want to know what a mess the inventory of many people is)

- Give your signature under your forum posts a clickable link to your marketplace shop.

- Make sure your marketplace shop link is in your profile.  A lot of people inspect stuff they like inworld and end up at the profile of the creator, by clicking and inspecting items.
Write a few lines about your excellent customer care too in your profile. Mine says: I'm always glad to help.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

@Chic Aeon @Stephanie Misfit Thanks for telling me about Blogotex - I successfully manged to get myself some bloggers that way! I had no idea whatsoever what Blogotex was used for up until today !

@Sid Nagy I already have a shop inworld and both my Flickr & Marketplace links have been in my profile for ages ^_^ Thanks for the tips though!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DulceDiva said:

@Chic Aeon @Stephanie Misfit Thanks for telling me about Blogotex - I successfully manged to get myself some bloggers that way! I had no idea whatsoever what Blogotex was used for up until today !

@Sid Nagy I already have a shop inworld and both my Flickr & Marketplace links have been in my profile for ages ^_^ Thanks for the tips though!

You can also add your MP link to your signature line here on the forums.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.