I just signed up for Premium Plus... when do I get my L$3k signup bonus?

Bubblesort Triskaidekaphobia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just signed up for premium plus about an hour ago.  The charge went through on the credit card just fine.  I can see that I am getting free uploads (firestorm says I will be charged when I upload, but I am not charged).  I can see on my account that it's premium plus, and my account summary shows I can hold 2048 meters of land.  Firestorm is showing that I can have 70 groups, not 140, but that's probably because I didn't relog yet.

The one perk that isn't showing is the L$3000 signup bonus.  I assumed that would go into my account as soon as I signed up for premium.  My L$ balance on the web site hasn't changed yet, though.

Will I get the signup bonus when I get the L$650 stipend to next week?

EDIT:  After a relog, Firestorm is still showing my group limit is 70, not 140.  My email receipt is showing that I signed up almost exactly an hour ago.  Maybe I need to wait a day for the perks to all kick in?  Maybe firestorm isn't set up for 140 groups yet?

Edited by Bubblesort Triskaidekaphobia

16 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Bubblesort Triskaidekaphobia said:

I think I need to cancel premium plus.  Here's the situation:

Hiding the 45 day wait on a SIGN UP bonus, rather than paying out when I SIGN UP is obnoxious, but it's a minor issue, even if it makes me upset immediately after I forked over a pile of money.

The breaking feature for me is that I can't have two Bellisseria homes.  Hiding land terms in fine print like this is completely unacceptable to me.  I do not want to give up my current Bellisseria home, and I want absolutely nothing to do with mainland real estate transactions.

I spent last night trying to wrap my head around this mainland land buying situation.  It's absurd.  I will spare you the gory details, but my mainland land buying experience has been a nightmare, and I don't think my experience is any different than anybody else's.  It's just a broken system, and I want no part of it.

I expected to be able to pick out a second Bellisseria home when I got premium plus, but no.  They hid in the fine print that I have to buy mainland with my extra 1024m.  I tried to buy 1024m of mainland, and the bots beat me.  They have massive tracts of desolate mainland tundra in SL that nobody is making any money off of, it's just there to jack up prices, to take even more money off me after I bought an expensive premium plus account, and I don't even have my sign up bonus to help defray the insane costs of buying a mainland parcel for less than a half million lindens.

So hell with it, I'm cancelling premium.  Because I upgraded to premium plus from premium, my full year billing date is in October, so I'll just cancel before then, and enjoy free uploading perks without the land for a few months.  It cost me about $30 to give plus a try, so it's not that bad.  It could be worse.

LL has disappointed me in the past, but nothing has been as disappointing as premium plus.

That said, I just logged in, and my group limit is now up to 140, so they didn't refuse to give me that feature over fine print.  They just dragged their feet on giving it to me, because they're lazy.

Anyway, I'll get on to concierge in a little while to cancel the plus on my account.  Thank you, to everybody who commented here.

Everything you claim to be bad here, is a lack of informing yourself. Every part of this information is to find in the fineprints, descriptions, official blogposts and forums.
As in RL, if you don't know what is going to happen when subscribing, is not totally to blame at the seller, but you have to ask, and here you could have asked before you hit the button.

btw, if you downgrade you still have most of the perks till the end of paying, nothing gets lost except owning a Linden home or land up to 2048. But even owning mainland can be tricked till the end by donating tier to group. If you go back to premium, also the 1024 Linden Home can keep owned.
Even your expanded list of groups won't poof. If you exceed the amount when downgrading, you'll only be unable to join more till you can add new ones, but none will poof.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is right from the upgrade page. Sure the notes are written below but if you don't read them then that is your fault. There is also an extensive FAQ page for premium plus which answers everything you complained about.

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000167487-premium-plus-faq#I-heard-that-Premium-Plus-members-can-request-specific-Linden-Homes-for-themselves.-Is-this-true?

6c80cf63deec806f27307a491d7044e2.png

90491e2cd4c4c72be4220c09fb318b1a.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bubblesort Triskaidekaphobia said:

If they won't refund me, I'll probably let my bank take care of reversing the transaction.  I don't think LL wants that kind of hassle.

If you do a chargeback, your account will be suspended until the balance is no longer negative.

And to be fair to the "trolls" (I don't think anyone's trolling here), that 45-day thing had been a thing since 2011, the earliest snapshot we have of the premium page. It's basically common knowledge around these parts so it feels like an obvious thing.

Screenshot_2023-08-04-12-10-15-816_com.android.chrome2.thumb.jpg.6a9ea35754adc8ef01a1bd8861173ac9.jpg

It even had the asterisk back then. :P

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

This is right from the upgrade page. Sure the notes are written below but if you don't read them then that is your fault.

To be fair... Usually if something has a caveat or more details, you're supposed to add an asterisk or some other indicator (like [2]) there.

This is an easy mistake to make even if you're used to reading fine prints. The fine print isn't even in black, it's faded. That's not a design convention for "kinda relevant" text. :P

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2

Just have to add this here for those looking for more answers as I was.

I read the fine print (or so I thought) and waited the full 45 days plus a week for the sign up bonus to appear before wondering what was up. The automated chat support informed me that since I have had premium in the past, (Years ago, returning player) that I was ineligible for the bonus. I must have missed this before and I'm sure others have as well.

So. if you are still waiting for your bonus and have ever had premium before then don't hold your breath.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I think I need to cancel premium plus.  Here's the situation:

Hiding the 45 day wait on a SIGN UP bonus, rather than paying out when I SIGN UP is obnoxious, but it's a minor issue, even if it makes me upset immediately after I forked over a pile of money.

The breaking feature for me is that I can't have two Bellisseria homes.  Hiding land terms in fine print like this is completely unacceptable to me.  I do not want to give up my current Bellisseria home, and I want absolutely nothing to do with mainland real estate transactions.

I spent last night trying to wrap my head around this mainland land buying situation.  It's absurd.  I will spare you the gory details, but my mainland land buying experience has been a nightmare, and I don't think my experience is any different than anybody else's.  It's just a broken system, and I want no part of it.

I expected to be able to pick out a second Bellisseria home when I got premium plus, but no.  They hid in the fine print that I have to buy mainland with my extra 1024m.  I tried to buy 1024m of mainland, and the bots beat me.  They have massive tracts of desolate mainland tundra in SL that nobody is making any money off of, it's just there to jack up prices, to take even more money off me after I bought an expensive premium plus account, and I don't even have my sign up bonus to help defray the insane costs of buying a mainland parcel for less than a half million lindens.

So hell with it, I'm cancelling premium.  Because I upgraded to premium plus from premium, my full year billing date is in October, so I'll just cancel before then, and enjoy free uploading perks without the land for a few months.  It cost me about $30 to give plus a try, so it's not that bad.  It could be worse.

LL has disappointed me in the past, but nothing has been as disappointing as premium plus.

That said, I just logged in, and my group limit is now up to 140, so they didn't refuse to give me that feature over fine print.  They just dragged their feet on giving it to me, because they're lazy.

Anyway, I'll get on to concierge in a little while to cancel the plus on my account.  Thank you, to everybody who commented here.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

There are 2048 Bellisseria homes now so no need to use 1024 on mainland.

I spent a LOT of time setting up my current Bellisseria house, and I don't want to abandon it.  Plus, my Bellisseria house is on the only rez zone on the Bellisseria river.  Plus, the 2048m cabins are terrible.  I hate them.  I'll cancel before I move into one.

34 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

There are plenty of cheep mainland parcels around, or you can pick a nice spot and have LL carve it out for you for $1 L per sq m 😁

I could absolutely do this!  I can't find the fabled 'cheap' mainland anywhere, but I would be happy to spend $L1 per m for a plot anywhere, just so long as it's not in some kind of bizarre shape.  I really only need it for a couple of skyboxes, so I don't care what's on the ground.  Why skyboxes?  I built experience teleport doors that TP on collision to extend my Bellisseria home across the grid in a non-euclidean way, like portals but they feel like walking through a door.

So... how do I get LL to give me land for $L1 per square meter?  Won't they just direct me to the auctions, where the bots will eat my lunch every day at two seconds to noon, SLT?

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Everything you claim to be bad here, is a lack of informing yourself. Every part of this information is to find in the fineprints, descriptions, official blogposts and forums.
As in RL, if you don't know what is going to happen when subscribing, is not totally to blame at the seller, but you have to ask, and here you could have asked before you hit the button.

btw, if you downgrade you still have most of the perks till the end of paying, nothing gets lost except owning a Linden home or land up to 2048. But even owning mainland can be tricked till the end by donating tier to group. If you go back to premium, also the 1024 Linden Home can keep owned.
Even your expanded list of groups won't poof. If you exceed the amount when downgrading, you'll only be unable to join more till you can add new ones, but none will poof.

Everything you claim to be bad here, is a lack of informing yourself.  I have written extensively on the tings I do and do not read, and distributed these writings to the entire world on my blog, an in news groups.  If you are disappointed by any of this, it's simply from your own willful ignorance.

Good day, sir!

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

To be fair... Usually if something has a caveat or more details, you're supposed to add an asterisk or some other indicator (like [2]) there.

This is an easy mistake to make even if you're used to reading fine prints. The fine print isn't even in black, it's faded. That's not a design convention for "kinda relevant" text. :P

Don't worry about it, they're just trolling.  It's obvious to everybody that LL used sleazy marketing to take my money.  Everything about mainland land ownership is sleazy, but that's a rant for another time.  What made premium such a great deal was it was a way around the absurdity and nuisance of trying to purchase mainland land.  Plus removes that value proposition by throwing me head first into the deep end of the mainland land market, and that's not fair.  They used deceptive advertising to do it.

Anyway, I'll see how the land ticket goes.  If it gets rejected, I'll cancel plus.  If they won't refund me, I'll probably let my bank take care of reversing the transaction.  I don't think LL wants that kind of hassle.

Anyway, the trolls in this thread have no control over how things play out at this point.  My questions have been answered (thank you to everybody who posted something helpful).  The trolls just want to be rude, so please ignore them.  I'm surprised the mods allow their kind of aggression towards people with simple questions.  It's disappointing to see this thread devolve into personal attacks like this.  I think the trolls want the thread to be locked before I resolve my issues.  I don't know why they want that, but that seems like their angle.

If I can, I intend to post in this thread again to let future readers know if the ticket went through or not, because that may be helpful to anybody else who has problems like I do.  I am not going to feed these absurd trolls any more.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.