connect one sim to another

broncocas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hello its me againd and sorry for my Engish

i have a homestead i rent from a estate a friend bought land from lindens

it is not far away from each other,we want to connect our sims with a tunnel

is there a way we can do that, maybe if we have to pay for it we wil

or can one of the lindens or mole build it

thank you all by advances

i dont know if the land around my sim own by lindens or a estate

6 answers to this question

No, sorry.  There are two big problems.  First, the technical problem is that you can't really build tunnels in SL.  You have to dug a big trench and then cover it with a lid or some kind, so that it looks like a tunnel.  Even then, there are limits to how deep you can dig, so any tunnel to try to make will be very shallow.  The second problem is that you cannot build anything on land that you do not own or have permissions for.  If you want to build a tunnel, or a bridge, or anything else to connect your land to another place, you need to have permission for all the space between. 

There is a third problem too, of course .... if your land and your friend's land are separated by the "ocean", there probably isn't anything to dig a tunnel in anyway.  If the area between your regions is just wide open sea, it doesn't really exist.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, broncocas said:

it is not far away from each other,we want to connect our sims with a tunnel

The thing is...they may not look far apart but most private regions, whether singlular or part of a larger estate, exist in a void.  Try sailing off the side of most private regions and you hit a wall.  There ARE some Estates that exist for sailing and such so you can sail between the regions.  Fruit Islands is an example.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

simulate it with a  tunnel that tp's you to the other one

I would have suggested the same thing, using a collision-triggered Experience portal. It couldn't be seamless because between two regions it's a real teleport (in contrast to teleporting within a region, which is very fast), but enough special effects at each end of the tunnel and it might be kind of compelling.

This assumes travel by foot (or flying, or crawling, etc.). If instead it's vehicular travel between non-adjacent regions, that's a different challenge. Could still use Experience-based llTeleportAgent for the avatars, and coordinate a vehicle waiting at the destination region to receive the teleporting passengers. That might get tricky.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.