How to Gyazo?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm back in SL after a break, and everyone is suddenly using this Gyazo thing. I've signed up, but it's now asking me whether I want a Windows app or a Chrome extension. Which do I want for SL? Chrome is my default browser.

Also, I'm curious -- why Gyazo and not, say, imgur?

Finally: are there any downsides to Gyazo? Is it a security risk? I have crashed once or twice when following someone's link to a Gyazo image.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I've used both Imgur and Gyazo, and I find Gyazo much quicker and easier. I can have a snip button on my toolbar and crop a section of the screen which is automatically uploaded,, whereas imgur requires me to print screen, load the image into a graphics program to crop it to the required section, then upload it manually.  If there's a similar snip function in Imgur, they've hidden it so well that I haven't been able to find it in eight years.

• Like 2

I use both Imgur & Gyazo -- I use the Gyazo desktop app, not any Chrome extensions.  The thing I like about Gyazo is that I can also very easily use it for a quick GIF.

Gyazo is simple -- click the icon in my taskbar, outline what I want a pic of, and it automatically goes to the web page.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

I've used both Imgur and Gyazo, and I find Gyazo much quicker and easier. I can have a snip button on my toolbar and crop a section of the screen which is automatically uploaded,, whereas imgur requires me to print screen, load the image into a graphics program to crop it to the required section, then upload it manually.  If there's a similar snip function in Imgur, they've hidden it so well that I haven't been able to find it in eight years.

I use the Windows Snipping Tool and copypasta right into Imgur's upload screen without needing Gimp or Photoshop.

9 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I use the Windows Snipping Tool and copypasta right into Imgur's upload screen without needing Gimp or Photoshop.

I didn't know I could do that with Imgur (even though, if I actually read stuff, it says so right on the Imgur screen - though I just noticed that).  I've always just uploaded saved files from the computer. Thanks for this info.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.