Skipper!

Patch Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

23 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

FINALLY...  With a little help, of course.

Thanks Patch. Just another one of those little thoughtful touches that make this world wonderful.

This is what I think too, I love the Bellisseria riddles but what would be amazing when they have finally built Belli and might get more time on their hands would be, (I've mentioned this before probably), a grand hunt for a one off never to be repeated treasure item with this kind of mind bending obscurity https://dreamsofgerontius.com/2016/10/05/masquerade-by-kit-williams-the-solution/ and longer to find it and if no one did maybe auction it off and start a new one? 

I realise the latest gift is probably never to be repeated either - although mashing it up with other things has been fun

pepperspatch.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

This is what I think too, I love the Bellisseria riddles but what would be amazing when they have finally built Belli and might get more time on their hands would be, (I've mentioned this before probably), a grand hunt for a one off never to be repeated treasure item with this kind of mind bending obscurity https://dreamsofgerontius.com/2016/10/05/masquerade-by-kit-williams-the-solution/ and longer to find it and if no one did maybe auction it off and start a new one? 

My impression of the mainland hunts the moles have created in the past is that they were hard, but not obscure.  That makes a lot of sense to me, because from LL's point of view the goal is to get as many residents as possible exploring the grid.  "Mind-bending obscurity" is more something for a resident-created hunt.  Do you remember that ancient grid-wide hunt, may have been created ~2005 by a resident who, IIRC, was also a jeweler?  I didn't do the whole thing because, while the clues were very artful, they were TOO obscure for me.  I think most people will give up if clues are mind-bendingly obscure.

If I were a mole, what I WOULD do is create a way to facilitate residents' creating hunts in Belli. The way the Belli Citizens Group did their couple of hunts early in Belli's history worked well, the goal being to send a set of pics that proved you had visited all the locations in the hunt.  But it's really too easy to game that.

I think I would go with a script that moles place in public places that interacts with a piece of jewelry or HUD that each hunter attaches for each hunt they're doing.   They could also make the script available to hunt designers to put on private properties.

Participants would follow clues and when they touch or come near a hunt location, their hunt object gets filled up. Hunts automatically expire after 6 months, and residents are free to create clues as obscure as they like.  Residents are also responsible for creating/finding the prize(s).  Something like that.

• Like 4

@Nika Talaj Ah 2005 is too early for me I am 2007 baby! (edit or is that the name?!)

I understand I might be carried away with obscure but I would settle for difficult :) I would actually give up myself if there was too much math or physics involved.

This last one was easier than I expected and more obvious and I still didn't find it without help but I did see a lot of Bellisseria which is something I have not done in a while!

Edited by Chloe Bunny
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.