Not the Deploy Plan for week beginning 27/3/2023

Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So...nary a peep from LL on this thread and yet Main Server is now on Second Life Server 2023-03-16.578844.  When it is just a "bounce restart" it is not a big deal that no post is made to the Sever restart thread, but today we changed software and that is a beast of a quite different colour. 

Bad form, LL, to say the least.  I could say more and many others will but poor communication is a great way to alienate your userbase.

Eta: Weds 29th, so..the RC Channels are being restarted, yet no word from LL.

Edited by Aishagain
updated info

Look, we love to complain. Get a post but no changelog, complain. Get a changelog but no post, complain. 😒

I like to get infos being handed to me on a silver tablet like everyone else but I know how to look up the Simulator Release Notes, so I can occasionally survive without the silverware. I'm sorry if that irks you.

@CarlaWetter

My point is quite simple.  Yes, though eventually the GSP announced the upcoming rolls (it came later than usual) we had no information as to WHAT was to be rolled.  Until I posted what had rolled on my region, we had no clue.  Once it was disseminated, the release notes could be used.

Bear also in mind that LL, in the form of Mazidox Linden had admitted they were failing to keep us informed but that would improve - it has actually got worse.

@Aishagain

and me providing said link is somehow making me suggest that their posts are unneeded? I don't quite see why you had to come back on me like that, putting words in my mouth I did not say.

And as a regular reader I'm well aware of your habit to complain here every time their deploy plan info is overdue and your reasons for doing it.

In lieu of the missing deploy plan, RCs got 2023-03-24.579022 which seems to fix some LSL bugs in previous RC version

ETA: From Inara Pey's blog: 

• On Wednesday March 29th, all simhosts on the RC channels will be updated to run the same simulator release, comprising the new LSL Functions llList2ListSlice, llSortListStrided, and llListFindListStrided (per BUG-231545). It also has a fix for DATA_SIM_STATUS from llRequestSimulatorData(), and doubles the amount of memory available for Linkset Data (LSD) to 128k.

Edited by Logan Elf
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

LL did not create this thread, I doubt they know about it.

Erm, LL most assuredly DID create the Second Life Server Release Thread, Love, maybe not this specific topic but the main thread most definitely

Edited by Aishagain

42 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

My point

If it was your point, I'm afraid you were making the wrong one, Love.

My point was that there was and still is no LL post on the Second Life Server thread regarding this week's rolls.

Edited by Aishagain
addition

5 hours ago, Aishagain said:

If it was your point, I'm afraid you were making the wrong one, Love.

My point was that there was and still is no LL post on the Second Life Server thread regarding this week's rolls.

Right. I only meant, that you seemed (from one of your comnents) to expect a response from them. They won't be responding here on your post. Unless you want to tag a Linden who is involved with the rollouts. 

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Right. I only meant, that you seemed (from one of your comnents) to expect a response from them. They won't be responding here on your post. Unless you want to tag a Linden who is involved with the rollouts. 

Then they might respond with:

image.png.2f3d794216430a42b603c9ea153e9f36.png

... but that seems unlikely to come from Linden Lab.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.