VPNs works with Secondlife in 2023? DNS could not resolve the host name issues

franiee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello actually I have the issues with ISP and "DNS could not resolve the host name" with my actual IP, then the solution is use a VPN while I solve that issues with my Internet Service Provider. Any suggestion about a VPN that 100% and secure login with out issues with Secondlife?

5 minutes ago, franiee said:

Hello actually I have the issues with ISP and "DNS could not resolve the host name" with my actual IP, then the solution is use a VPN while I solve that issues with my Internet Service Provider. Any suggestion about a VPN that 100% and secure login with out issues with Secondlife?

Did you try to reboot your router to see if new one gets generated? You probably did, but figured I would ask anyways..

• Like 1

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

Did you try to reboot your router to see if new one gets generated? You probably did, but figured I would ask anyways..

Sadly, I tried with everything, Clean my DNS and LL, They cant help me with that, sound I need change of ISP lol and the same with my ISP, They dont want change my actual ip probably, They reset my router but still with same issues. My unique option for now is used a VPN... I know that LL block some VPN applications.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, franiee said:

Sadly, I tried with everything, Clean my DNS and LL, They cant help me with that, sound I need change of ISP lol and the same with my ISP, They dont want change my actual ip probably, They reset my router but still with same issues. My unique option for now is used a VPN... I know that LL block some VPN applications.

I use one from avast that seems to work.. I never really used one until it came with my antivirus software, but I only had a couple of times over the last year where I couldn't get into the forums and only once  it wouldn't let me into SL.. But then my ISP worked then or I just tried a different location on my vpn.

I don't know how good of one the avast one is, I'm sure there are really good other ones too..  I just know it works when I use it for here or in world most of the times I even had it on.

The one for Avast is called Avast SecureLine VPN

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, franiee said:

Any suggestion about a VPN that 100% and secure login with out issues with Secondlife?

I tried Norton Secure VPN just now and it worked OK with Second Life. Any VPN could have a security breach so the best you can do is read up on the services available and make an informed decision.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I use one from avast that seems to work.. I never really used one until it came with my antivirus software, but I only had a couple of times over the last year where I couldn't get into the forums and only once  it wouldn't let me into SL.. But then my ISP worked then or I just tried a different location on my vpn.

I don't know how good of one the avast one is, I'm sure there are really good other ones too..  I just know it works when I use it for here or in world most of the times I even had it on.

The one for Avast is called Avast SecureLine VPN

Thank you I have the same software, I never think use that until today.

9 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

I tried Norton Secure VPN just now and it worked OK with Second Life. Any VPN could have a security breach so the best you can do is read up on the services available and make an informed decision.

Exactly, I'm looking for a secure VPN .

5 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I tested using my Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN account and logged in, it worked fine. I selected a Canadian and US VPN server and both worked.

Thanks, I never heard I will check...

• Like 2

Have you resetted your router? Sounds like you told your ISP to do something with your router but you can reset it. Just unplug it and wait like 5 til 10 minutes, then plug in again and see if that helps.

I spent some time in Germany for work a couple of years ago and I had to do that regularly there haha luckily back home in Japan not anymore x3

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

Have you resetted your router? Sounds like you told your ISP to do something with your router but you can reset it. Just unplug it and wait like 5 til 10 minutes, then plug in again and see if that helps.

I spent some time in Germany for work a couple of years ago and I had to do that regularly there haha luckily back home in Japan not anymore x3

Yes, also I reset my modem myself dont work, then I go to my ISP, They reset the router and dont work. But they want changed my IP, then while I looking for a fix or change of provider. I want to use a VPN.

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I used NordVPN for SL last summer/fall from both Italian and Spanish VPN servers.  Worked fine.

Thank you so much

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Second the choice of NordVPN. They have one of the highest speed VPNs out there.

Thank you much I am checking

4 hours ago, franiee said:

I've been using PureVPN a lot, for various purposes over the last 10 years or so.   I sometimes find particular servers they use are blocked by particular sites, but it's the work of seconds to switch to a different server when that happens.   Second Life have a couple of their US servers blocked but it really isn't an issue because it's so easy to switch.

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

I've been using PureVPN a lot, for various purposes over the last 10 years or so.   I sometimes find particular servers they use are blocked by particular sites, but it's the work of seconds to switch to a different server when that happens.   Second Life have a couple of their US servers blocked but it really isn't an issue because it's so easy to switch.

Thank you I also will check this VPN!

8 hours ago, franiee said:

My boyfriend is a Network Administrator and he setup ProtonVPN on my laptop. Supposedly it's based in Switzerland and is very focused on Privacy and Security. I've been using it for about a year now without any issues.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.