Marketplace broken - we need a Rollback!

Caren Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry Linden but tons of Merchants try over long time after the last Update to explain in Tickets, Jira and with Shots in Posts that we all lost our Sales and why!

No help, no realy any Info that you think about our Problems and so I think this Post is a again a "Must be" that your Team listen to us. We have as Customers and Merchants massive Problems after the last Update and its not a way to be quiet or let all run like it is - not all Updates and Ideas from the Marketplace Team are the best and the Comunity sends now Tons of Posts in FB, here in lots of diff. Posts and we can't see in Tickets that LL is willing to think about any help. Is this your way to stay behind your Stores in MP? Behind us? .. please, we realy need no longer tons of Posts to you (I hate this Post here too) but we feel lost and alone and need a change - so please fix this Issue or make a Rollback! Thank you 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

and? nice that they wish a "Happy Shopping" and speaking about blue Shirts - but THIS was not only the biggest Problem

my Jira from today:  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-233561

Answer from Spidey Linden before closed the Jira: 

spidey.lindenSpidey Linden added a comment - 09/Mar/23 11:17 AM

Thank you for the bug report! We are currently working on a fix for various marketplace issues, including the ones you are reporting. We do not currently have an eta for these fixes but we are working on them as quickly as we can.

Please refer to the following blog post for more details: https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/12885-updates-to-marketplace-search/

Thank you for your continued commitment to Second Life.

Spidey Linden, thank you for copy/past your comment and closed then all. I notice now this: LL will work in coming days, that is what the last blogpost says. A Rollback needs how long? But an Update from an Update from an Update .... needs looooooong

• 2 weeks later...

New open Jira from yesterday: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-233609

Daily MP Check and notice new Issue: List of Best Selling List in my Store at MP and the Relevance Side in Store are complete the same!  

Not one of the Top from Best Sellers are listening (Top 3 from me only copy from today as Example from hundrets)

The Objects there are listen, are the Items I sold one day ago. They are showing now in both Lists exactly on same Place. I open my Top Selling List under Merchant in MP and show here the last 3 Items for Example and not one is showing in MP in my Lists. THIS is what I try to say the long time now. Mixed Mess. How many Examples need the MP Team to see this Problem and start to fix it?

And the List (Top Selling List) shows how much People click the Stuff (Time viewed) and they will not do this only in Search under "News". They go in Store Side and saw the Stuff as listening best Sale / Relevance and then touch and look at the Item for more Info and - maybe buy then! And THIS is no longer possible after the Update End of February, stop then the Sales cause there are no longer available in the Lists. 

CJ Creations March-18-2023-Best Selling same Items like under Relevance.png

CJ Creations March-18-2023-Relevance same Items like under Best Selling.png

CJ Creations March-18-2023-3 Top Best Sellings.png

Edited by Caren Jewell

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, after long weeks now I give up to ask for a Rollback. But I notice that many Merchants comes with their Problems here or send Tickets or open Jira. And not one of the Marketplace Team was willing to send here  a short Post to us. Sending any sign that they start to help us with our loosing Sales, not one!

Long 4 weeks now and today I watch on my Xmas Snowglobes and 10 year old Stuff, the Sales goes more and more down .. this is so damn frustrated 

I open yesterday new Ticket (my last one) and got today the same respond like before from Harley Linden .. 

"I would like to assure you that the Engineers are aware of these issues and have seen the posts on the forums and in JIRA and they are working as quickly as possible to resolve the trouble."

IF they read and work on it, would it be very kind to let us now this with a short Info here or in Jira. But in last words they told me to go inworld in Group.

And sorry, I wount do this cause how many ways should we go: Ticket, Jira, Forum and now inworld? Of course I can send Posts in FB, Flickr and and .. will this change anything or let them work faster as 4 long weeks now? We had lot of Updates in Marketplace over the years and the most changes in search end in a Mess. But the longest time was  one week and then was all fixed. We never said anything about this Issues and why this was so important to make an Update cause all was running fine before. But this time is it the Hell and sorry, 1 Month waiting and loosing Sales is a Nightmare and trusting the MP-Team/Engineer is like the Sales now: Z e r o

Edited by Caren Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What Caren says is so true. Never before have bugs like this been allowed to drag on for weeks at a time. I've never seen so many JIRAs filed on the same topic. And the number of support tickets must exceed those. The only response we get is a promise of "we're working on it". Out of respect for all of us who use the MP (whether as shoppers or merchants), we do deserve some kind of human response/update from the MP development team.

• Like 2

They were better for a little bit, the main SL website is throwing a 500 error right now. SLMP has been doing this pattern for years. I'm kind of in a unique position because I have such a wide product range and have been around for so long. Basically, the pattern is

1. Sell old cheap stuff

2. Sell newer stuff

3. Billing/SLMP maintenance

4. Sales crash

5. go back to 1.

I think with the database upgrades they have planned, they've found a major problem that needs to be fixed. Given what I've noticed over the years, I think it's likely to address what I've been seeing. Almost feels like sales go very well, the system can't handle it, so there's maintenance, then it resets to selling old stuff. Each cycle has been getting progressively worse with sales for me, and I think it's reached the point it's obvious to a lot of people. And coupled with the poorly timed fee increases I think it got a lot of people's attention. Glad to see them making an effort though.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Fergie Finesmith said:

for the last couple of days my Marketplace sales are almost back to normal... the weird thing is that the search keep showing the same messed up results...

What about you guys? are your sales going healthy again or worse?

I regret.... for today sales are back to ZERO

What an awful month! 

• Like 3

Same here.

One week ago sales were back to normal and search result at best selling at least show the best selling at top, but the rest in random order.

Since a few days sales are zero again and today also the search looks as broken as right after the "update".

• Like 2

I agree with you all, one day I have hope cause the rare Sales jump on first side when I check daily my Store and next day I see again old Stuff from looong years ago and wow some "new Stuff" but that is only another sort of Xmas Stuff. 🙄 Now are wreath and trays from Santa-Time listening. I remember in my RL Work that my Boss told me always "First CHECK and then make Update!" Okay, we all make Mistakes but this is every single year the same Mess at Valentine/Spring/Easter when the Team try to change the "search-part" and its realy an absolutly "no go" to let us sit here over loong time without any Comment.

Okay, now comes an Update but I can't say "thank you" anymore cause from End of February till 6 day of April this Time was to long for us all who have this Mess, waiting and loosing many sales and at the End my trust about support from the MP-Team/Engineer/Jira-Team 

Edited by Caren Jewell
  • Like 1

Unreal. We've been waiting over a month for fixes to the mountain of JIRAs, support tickets, and forum posts to fix everything from incorrect sorting (relevance and best selling) to the listing enhancements, and more. Today's MP maintenance did NOT fix those things. What are they thinking? There's got to be a blog post coming to explain what changes they DID make... so far we do know that they changed the default sort to Newest and they made cart contents up to 99 or 100 (?).

• Like 2

I agree I give up just going to call it the second Wild West now. Instead of second life marketplace cause it’s like the Wild West. I gave up when my pg couch shot up on 1st page after being up there for 15 secs. I also gave up when scammers targeted my store. This is just the way it’s going to be for now on and they don’t care. 

Now we're waiting a month for LL to finally listen to us and make MP the way it was before. What happens..NOTHING! I don't create new things anymore, they won't be found on MP anyway and won't be bought that way. A week ago I put my last new part on MP that I was at a fair with, so far I've sold it ZERO times on MP lol. It sucks that LL treats its business partners like this, without all the great creators secondlife would not exist in its current form. I have never feared the future as a creator in secondlife...now I know there is no future for me as a creator in secondlife!

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Pit Banx said:

Now we're waiting a month for LL to finally listen to us and make MP the way it was before. What happens..NOTHING! I don't create new things anymore, they won't be found on MP anyway and won't be bought that way. A week ago I put my last new part on MP that I was at a fair with, so far I've sold it ZERO times on MP lol. It sucks that LL treats its business partners like this, without all the great creators secondlife would not exist in its current form. I have never feared the future as a creator in secondlife...now I know there is no future for me as a creator in secondlife!

How I understand you .. same here. We did all what we can do and none from the Team changes anything that realy help in this Mess. I don't understand something like this: MP get a 10 % charge and Charge for enhancement Listing and and .. and nothing work.. So they must have a massive Loss too and this is not a Point for them to help and fix this Mess sooner? I can't believe this realy and I understand you. I thinking about the same and work not much anymore for MP Store - more for my own Shop inworld but we all know that Casper Vendor is now SL too and is another good way beside "SL Mobile and and" to take a charge for the Sales from us in Vendoren too - atm I count on everything.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.