"Centralized Hubs"

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I just wanted to mention that if anyone at the lab needs the old telehubs, I have both kinds in my inventory. Land and air.

lolz.

The only acceptable use for the old hubs would be if they strapped them to a large prim rocket and fired them into a giant particle sun as part of the opening ceremony for the new hubs!

The Lindens own an area of four regions close to where I am. It has a building in the middle and forest around it. I wouldn't mind if they did something useful with it. Lots of space there for displays and tutorials. They could also do a lot more with the nature area with all the new mole stuff.

6 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Telehubs were a 💩show, and half the people at them were only present to watch the chaos unfold.

Yup, guilty.  I loved the crazy chaotic info hubs and wish they were still around.  Spent most of my first year going back to Korea over and over just for the show.  They were not for everyone obviously, but I loved that many people all in one place and following 20 different conversations and laughing at the antics.

The Linden post said

Also in the works for 2023:

• New centralized "hubs" to better connect residents to the communities that match their passions and interests

In the absence of any detail, we don't know what they are up to or if even if the "hubs" are inworld or on the web somewhere (this forum?). So let's just wait and see.

On other off-topic matters...

I find continent names to be unimportant and barely useful.

As for "what is mainland", to me it is a large (100s or 1000s) contiguous set of regions that can be subdivided and purchased from Linden Lab or other residents, can be sold to other residents or abandoned, and has only the TOS and ratings to guide the Governance team. I do not consider Bellisseria to be mainland because the attributes I require do not apply there. I also do not consider "developer regions" to be mainland... where you purchase the right to pay rent to a developer and also are subject to a covenant.

About "losing money on whatever", Linden Research and Tilia are private companies and do not share financials with the public. It is likely that only those at the top know the real story. I assume that the fact that Second Life is still operating means that it is not "losing money".

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

About "losing money on whatever", Linden Research and Tilia are private companies and do not share financials with the public. It is likely that only those at the top know the real story. I assume that the fact that Second Life is still operating means that it is not "losing money".

I didn't say losing money .. I said loss leader.

Like a supermarket that sells bread below cost price, knowing most people will fill their basket with other items on the way out the store.

Bellissaria is bait and the required subscription is incentive to continue participation.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.