snickersphilia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

is there a script to rez object on touch but near the avatar that clicked it? and also with a menu would be nice to chose which to rez from contents? if a scripter would give a quote for a custom one please IM me!

Edited by snickersphilia
more tags and offer to commission someone

4 answers to this question

You could certainly write one.  In the touch_start event of your script, use llDetectedPos(0) to get the position of the person who clicked the object your script is in. As long as the person is within 10 meters, you should be able to rez an item from the object's inventory at that position, using llRezAtRoot.  Creating a menu is slightly more difficult, but you will find several basic menu scripts in the LSL scripting library that you can modify for your purposes.

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos, of course

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

You could certainly write one.  In the touch_start event of your script, use llDetectedPos(0) to get the position of the person who clicked the object your script is in. As long as the person is within 10 meters, you should be able to rez an item from the object's inventory at that position, using llRezAtRoot.  Creating a menu is slightly more difficult, but you will find several basic menu scripts in the LSL scripting library that you can modify for your purposes.

ive been tryin to see if i can make my own but keep getting error ;^; so yeah im willin to pay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.