Bellisseria GOHs X Files

Elena Blossom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone, the story I've just lived is so weird, that I had to share it...

My alt left a nice Trad this morning (Europe morning time), to explore some other homes; I tossed it and even got the email notification about objects being returned. 

I got a couple of Victorians and, when I was about to get a third Victorian, the 'my home' page shows I own the Trad I had previously tossed with the same name I had on it (I was using a different name to play GOH).

But that is not the weirdest part: every single item I had rezzed was still there, and the claim date of the parcel was the original one.

I have lived really weird experiences in my 14 years in SL, but this is by far the craziest....

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

The region you were originally in crashed and got reverted?

In that case, I hope your original parcel was furnished with a bunch of nocopy items you love!  [Once a region we were renting in got reverted, and we ended up with a 2nd copy of our completely stuffed Intan, hooray!]

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

hehehehe, that would have been great @Nika Talaj!!

According to Guy, there's been some crash but I'm not sure it was the region, everything looked normal, although it might be. The person who owned it lost it and it came back to me, just the way I had it before (name, decor, access permissions, colors...), even the date

It is a great parcel, I wouldn't mind keeping it, but the new owner wanted it back and it didn't seem fair to keep it. Guy has set up everything, he's great.

Another SL story for my collection

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Hello everyone, the story I've just lived is so weird, that I had to share it...

My alt left a nice Trad this morning (Europe morning time), to explore some other homes; I tossed it and even got the email notification about objects being returned. 

I got a couple of Victorians and, when I was about to get a third Victorian, the 'my home' page shows I own the Trad I had previously tossed with the same name I had on it (I was using a different name to play GOH).

But that is not the weirdest part: every single item I had rezzed was still there, and the claim date of the parcel was the original one.

I have lived really weird experiences in my 14 years in SL, but this is by far the craziest....

it was deez guys! 

🐹

giphy.gif

Edited by JessycaJayne
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Happy Friday everyone. Is anyone else experiencing issues with the Trads?

I've changed the model in mine and, after two years of owning the house and changing it multiple times, the first owner keeps on appearing in the access list of the control panel. Even the people/alts this person had added! Just in case, I've tried different models, and still the same.

It is no big deal because I can remove the names; plus, I know the person and will have better things to do than messing up with my home. But, since I cannot change the color in some walls, it makes me wonder if there is something going on with this particular theme. 

• Sad 2

I think one of the weirdest but wonderful things that happened to me was when I was flipping houses. I hadn't picked a houseboat on the land page but when I logged in, I had landed a houseboat in Eagles Fly. My late husband's emblem was the eagle, and I got the houseboat around our anniversary that year. It probably was just a crashed region glitch, but it felt like a hello from Michael.

• Like 12

On 12/9/2022 at 5:18 AM, Elena Core said:

Happy Friday everyone. Is anyone else experiencing issues with the Trads?

I've changed the model in mine and, after two years of owning the house and changing it multiple times, the first owner keeps on appearing in the access list of the control panel. Even the people/alts this person had added! Just in case, I've tried different models, and still the same.

It is no big deal because I can remove the names; plus, I know the person and will have better things to do than messing up with my home. But, since I cannot change the color in some walls, it makes me wonder if there is something going on with this particular theme. 

On 12/9/2022 at 5:32 AM, AzureWaves said:

Sometimes the house adds random neighbors around me, not just previous owner.

@Quartz Mole , known problem?

Even though the Moles changed the controllers (a while ago) so that they clear access lists when claimed, I still manually remove every name on my access list whenever I abandon a home that I've actually used.  Not superstitious, just ... I was a programmer for too many years!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right, I do the same @Nika Talaj, although I'm superstitious, a lot!!!

Dottie Linden came and she was super helpful. It seems it is not the first time an 'ancient' owner shows up in the access list, even when many other people have owned the home after. 

And just to wrap up the story of my Trads weirdness: the control won't let me add a personal color unless I select Color 1; the Color 0 option only works for half the house, isn't it fun?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I think one of the weirdest but wonderful things that happened to me was when I was flipping houses. I hadn't picked a houseboat on the land page but when I logged in, I had landed a houseboat in Eagles Fly. My late husband's emblem was the eagle, and I got the houseboat around our anniversary that year. It probably was just a crashed region glitch, but it felt like a hello from Michael.

That is so sweet Marissa. That is the way they use to send us signals, I am sure he was around

• Like 7

• Moles
On 12/10/2022 at 5:10 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Even though the Moles changed the controllers (a while ago) so that they clear access lists when claimed, I still manually remove every name on my access list whenever I abandon a home that I've actually used.  Not superstitious, just ... I was a programmer for too many years!

Thanks.   We're aware of the issue, though we thought it had been fixed by a previous update (though that would work only in houses rezzed since we introduced the update, of course).

Dyna and I have discussed it again, after seeing this, and we think we  may have a way of fixing the issue by taking a new approach,  but that's going to need further research before it can be implemented.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

On 12/10/2022 at 12:10 PM, Nika Talaj said:

I never tried to remove everyone including myself or the alt that owns it....ha  ha ha that would be kinda funny and annoying if I locked myself out (doubt it could be done though!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fay Starlight said:

I never tried to remove everyone including myself or the alt that owns it....ha  ha ha that would be kinda funny and annoying if I locked myself out (doubt it could be done though!)

Once you remove all the names, it defaults to being owner-only panel access.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.