no acces inworld

miguelmexmex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there. My session crashed down or was closed abruptly last night around midnight, 17 hours ago... Since then, when I tried to log in and go inworld I see a message saying I won't have access until december 07... But I do have acces to "mysecondlife.com" and market place... Do you know something about this? What is happening?

4 hours ago, miguelmexmex said:

Hi there. My session crashed down or was closed abruptly last night around midnight, 17 hours ago... Since then, when I tried to log in and go inworld I see a message saying I won't have access until december 07... But I do have acces to "mysecondlife.com" and market place... Do you know something about this? What is happening?

fs_login_issues [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org)

This usually happens when you attempt to log in immediately after a crash. When you crash out of SL, the servers do not “realize” it immediately. This is part because it might simply be a case of a brief loss of connection, so SL allows for that. In fact, if anyone is near where you were at the time of a crash, they will continue to see your avatar for several minutes.

When you attempt to log back in, SL sees this, and starts to shut down the session that was running when you crashes. People will see your avatar vanish at this point.

So if you get the above message, wait for a minute, then try to log in again.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

24 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I've received that message numerous times over the years but never with a DATE a week later.  It's normally a few minutes wait and you can log back in.  He session was closed/crashed for 17 hours already.  Seems like something more going on, IMO.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, miguelmexmex said:

Yes.. That s the message that appears on firestorm...

Have you filed a support ticket with FS yet or asked for help in one of the support groups?

start [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org)

getting_help [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org)

14 hours ago, miguelmexmex said:

Yes.. That s the message that appears on firestorm...

I would also suggest downloading the official SL viewer and see if the problem also occurs.  Support would probably want to know this, also as they don't troubleshoot for other viewers.  If something happens on Firestorm and NOT the official viewer, then it might be a viewer issue.  If it happens on Firestorm AND the official SL viewer, it's possibly an account (you) issue.

Did you actually click on the link that @Silent Mistwalker posted?  One of the sections in there explains it.

Basically, the problem is that you are "ghosted"; in other words, although your viewer crashed, you haven't actually logged out. I bet if you log in with your alt and go to the location your main was in when you crashed, you're still standing there.  Sometimes it helps to send your ghosted account an IM or pay them L$1; this sometimes causes the region to realise that the avatar isn't really there.

But the most reliable solution is a re-start of the region.  If this is mainland, or Bellisseria, you can request a region restart from Linden Lab by submitting a support ticket with the reason "Region restart". Tell them why. You can add this to the ticket you've already opened; that might be quicker than starting a new one.

If it's a private estate, you'll need to contact the estate owner/manager to re-start the region for you. 

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.