How do I change my original name?

DeepHouse Babii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 529 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, DeepHouse Babii said:

Hey anyone?

I heard it was possible to change the original name.. I was DeepHouse Babii I want to be Koi Babii which is the name I use.

Is it possible, what are the requirements and processes?

Thanks

At the minimum, you will have to pay for one month of Premium membership.  You can change just the first name as long as the new combined first & last name are still unique and have never been used before.

Go to this page to start the process -- https://accounts.secondlife.com/change_name

And here is the article about it: 

image.png.6dd5a1723c092baf1abb7f40ca7604ce.png

Edited to remove the info about needing to be Premium and added cost info.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

You don't have to pay for premium anymore as LL changed it sometime this Summer. However it's still cheaper to pay 30$ for the Premium Plus month and for the PP's name change 15$ versus paying 50$ for the name change "as is". Especially given ~10.5$ worth of L$ you'd get back over next 4 weeks.

• Thanks 3

To clarify, you cannot get the name Babii again right now as it's not one of the current last names available. Why they limit it so much is beyond me, and these stay for an absurdly long time. Otherwise what others said still stands about the process. You can see the available names you can currently have for a last name in Jewell's link above.

Edited by CalypsoJewel

13 minutes ago, CalypsoJewel said:

To clarify, you cannot get the name Babii again right now as it's not one of the current last names available. Why they limit it so much is beyond me, and these stay for an absurdly long time. Otherwise what others said still stands about the process. You can see the available names you can currently have for a last name in Jewell's link above.

why should she want to get the name Babii? She has it already and will always be available for this account.
She can keep it, or not, or after a while take it back, both for both names.
Also the new chosen name will always stay available for this account.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, CalypsoJewel said:

Well, if you can just change your first name only then what I said can be disregarded. I've never had a system last name to know how it works.

yes, it's first, last or both if you have an actual last name.  If you don't have a last name, that's when you choose from the list like I did.  NOW, I can change either or both. 

b6c0d2bbe088c470af43263ac3c140d2.png.398410b768be8f7cda386100efc42eb1.png

• Like 2

On 11/19/2022 at 9:17 AM, CalypsoJewel said:

Well, if you can just change your first name only then what I said can be disregarded. I've never had a system last name to know how it works.

One's original name will always be available to change back to, whether one has changed first, last, or both names.

Edited by Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 529 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.