Towards an SL event calendar

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

https://www.gridaffairs.com/events/  they do a good job of it so far 

https://media-sl.com/category/events/  also a strong structure

https://www.seraphimsl.com/calendar/  also has one but not sure if it only includes events they cater to in their website

The SL 'events' are anyone wanting to promote just about everything and that is not really the same thing as people would want to promote on a region. While it would be great to know, you are asking people to promote things for other locations on their location and that is a big ask, as an in world calendar could remove someone from their own region as soon as they land and see the calendar and go somewhere else.

• Like 2

Very nice. Something like boards with that info should be at Firestorm Help Island, NCI Kuula, London City, etc. The idea is to get users past the "what do I do now?" problem. A row of display boards with all the events going on right now and in the next hour or two would fix that.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, blissfulbreeze said:

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but make a hud that attaches to you but is a bracelet or other attachable item. It won't list every event but the list can be rotated. You click for the hud to show, and select a destination button. 

There was an attempt at something like this a few years ago - an in-world app that was trying to be a competitor to SeraphimSL's shopping calendar. I don't know why it failed, but the tech is there. I wish I could remember its name. 

16 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

There was an attempt at something like this a few years ago - an in-world app that was trying to be a competitor to SeraphimSL's shopping calendar. I don't know why it failed, but the tech is there. I wish I could remember its name. 

There is an explorer backpack that TPs one to random places, not shopping focused though. It is old but still fun. They should revise that and make it have different categories. I have seen Open Sim grids with a TP hud with different catergories.

16 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Also, the thing with SeraphimSL site, it is mostly focused on shopping. There are some hunts there too and a few other things but not really outside the scope of shopping.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blissfulbreeze said:

Also, the thing with SeraphimSL site, it is mostly focused on shopping. There are some hunts there too and a few other things but not really outside the scope of shopping.

That's kind of the underlying problem, right? Not all SL events are shopping events, but SL events with money are shopping events. With precious exceptions.

More power to any calendar that can encourage more SL events worth attending by making them easier to find—specifically by folks who would attend if they knew about them.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.