OMG - More Beans Please !!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

Ok stupid question maybe, but have you tried turning it off and on again? The router that is? X3 

(Regarding the 504 error) sometimes when my ISP was overnight fiddling with stuff I get such things more often and just restart the router then. Which helps.

If Linden Lab is involved, the correct snake oil answer is always "Clear cache."
🙊

Edited by Sid Nagy
Some people talk too much, I edit too much.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Question: What does the "musical fruit" have to do with internet stuffs?

Is it really a "magic beans" reference (like Jack and the Beanstalk)?

Could also be a "human beans (beings)" reference, need more breathing peoples to make the internet go?

Its a new metaphor for me!

ETA: Maybe a "Blazing Saddles" reference?

I missed this:

On 10/29/2022 at 6:06 PM, shireena1 said:

"Can we have some more beans, Mr Taggart?"

Me points at the blazing saddles youtube clip...

9 hours ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

In the past year MP going down has been a somewhat more occurring issue than I have seen in the past decade plus, it is unfortunate, but the stores themselves are still available, so at least there is that. By it going down more, I have still only seen it go down probably half a dozen times, I do understand the shock of it though, it is really kind of WOAH! I do wish we got the banging gorillas when something like that happens, if it is LL and they are working on fixing it, vs not knowing if we are under attack :P

I've noticed also that the transactions have gotten worse for me.. It almost feels like going backwards just short of having to wait, sometimes a day for stuff to get into your inventory.. It's not that bad right now, but I've had to go back and try again a couple of times because things have timed out..

I think they got lost in the cloud hehehe

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think they got lost in the cloud hehehe

If they have to get lost somewhere :) I haven't had any failed or time out, sometimes maybe a 5 minute wait, but my experiences have just been offline for now more than any time in history, it is kind of like being told ' you have enough inventory, you are in a time out '.

Maybe the time is near that an already long time overdue 'clean up the clutter' is needed for the marketplace.

Edited by Sid Nagy
The ghosts made me do it. It is haunted all over the place.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

You're joking, but I'm serious. Make designers opt-in to keep everything before a certain date (maybe 2015, to make it a round number) active.

I would go for: A MP Listing is free the first year. If you choose to continue the product 100 L$ MP listing fee per year. Automated an only in world notification one month ahead of expiration. At the same time lower the sales commission a bit to compensate a little.
When not payed in time, automatic removal of the item from the MP.
After all, there is no such thing as a free lunch and this method would weed out all those merchants that are no longer active in SL but keep collecting the tokens. And the huge clutter on the MP, mostly no longer wanted and never selling junk, would vanish after a year.
Plus no longer tons of listings of the same T-shirt in every thinkable color from the same fashion merchant.

Maybe a discount for members of the Premium Merchant Plan of the future:
Free uploads, 50 MP free listings as long as PMP member, 50% MP listing fee discount for ones other listings, 1024 m commercial land, a free booth at the LL shop and hop events (if one desires).

Edited by Sid Nagy
Damn good ideas on a morning even before coffee. Yes, the Lab should hire me as Clueless Linden. :)
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.