Has anyone experienced map rights being turned off?

portexploits

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

SL is very buggy with this, and with friends showing online/offline. I have all my alts friended and one of them always showed offline to one of my other alts, even when both were logged in together and having the right permissions. I never did bother filing a support ticket though, and eventually (like, after a year or so) it seemed to fix itself.

• Like 2

I have had map rights turned on for less people than I could count on one hand, in 13+ years of SL. I currently have it turned on for my SL partner, and that's it, and he for me. I find it useful for showing up at his gigs when he's too busy singing to send me a TP and I'm late. The few times I've had it turned on, it has never been abused. Abuse it and that would be a big issue for me, relationship or no. 

However, as to the OP question: It was a SL glitch, as others have noted. The friends list and its associated attributes can get very wonky at times. You shrug and just reapply it, unless it is repeated, then as was said, you can try a JIRA (good luck).

I kinda wanna say that I kinda sorta remember when I started, map rights being on by default and having to turn them off.. But then again could be thinking about the mini map..

But I kinda also remember back in that time, someone trying to pull a fast one on me when I was in one sim and they were in another and i could see them on the map..

Again, it was a long time ago and my mind could be playing tricks with me, but I kinda sorts remember something like that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.