Buy first land with premium.... Adult or Moderate? And prims problem

Alasgorth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all! I get my first premium (not premium plus) and now i'm thinking about bought land. I firstly i want adult, because i got some adult stuff in inventory and i don't wanna make problems on moderate ratting. But from the other side, moderate parcels are cheeper than adult.

Well, i don't know what to do. 1024 squares give me 351 prims, for double prims i need more cash like x20 or more. But i make calculations for normal premium with 1024 + additional 1024 with fee and it is cheeper than bought Premium plus to get 2048. I don't know if it makes sense with additional fee?

Any ideas guys?

I know that i need cash for bought parcel firstly :)

Edited by Alasgorth

you can use your premium allowance to pay for a 1024 mainland lot. If you want adult, there are some adult mainlands... but they are rather expensive to purchase. For example, Horizons seldom has lots for under $L 80,000 and if you want a "nice" location, expect to spend at least $L 100,000 to $L 300,000.

Those prices are so high that it precludes most people from purchasing them.

• Like 1

To use the Premium membership on Adult-rated land, the choices are the Horizons cluster (which is double-prim and crazy expensive) or the Zindra continent, just south of Horizons, which is mostly single-prim and a bit pricey compared to comparable Moderate Mainland but much cheaper than Horizons.

As already mentioned, it's fine to have Adult content on Moderate land as long as it's "behind closed doors." Although it's not clear just how restrictive that was intended to be, it's not usually a problem if the stuff isn't out in the open and the use is strictly residential. (It's even possible to sell Adult content on Moderate land, but that's uncommon because Search terms must match the parcel rating.)

If the 2048 m² "bonus" tier is the only benefit of Premium Plus you'd value (not unlimited uploads, etc.), then you're right: it's more cost-effective to just pay for the extra 1024 tier, or (even better) enlist another annual-plan Premium alt and form a land-owning group that pools both Premium 1024 bonus tiers on group-deeded land. (There's even a little 10% group land tier bonus, too.)

But if you're just starting out, you could simply claim a standard-issue 1024 Linden Home on Bellisseria somewhere, and put all the adult stuff in a skybox with a Bellisseria-approved security system to keep it "behind closed doors." Then maybe later decide to migrate to a regular Moderate parcel somewhere you like on Mainland.

• Like 2

Technically speaking, you can still have adult stuff outdoors on Moderate land, provided that (a) access to the parcel is restricted, either by ban lines or security orb, and (b) Visibility to avatars outside the parcel is turned off and (c) it's not commercial, ie no-one is paying anyone else for such activity..

These things together ensure that even outdoor activity is not visible to others; in other words it moves the "behind closed doors" boundary from the walls of the house to the border of the parcel.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 2

If you're thinking of buying on Zindra there's a lot of good land with nice builds around it.

BUT...

Make sure to watch the region the spot you want to buy in for a day. Make sure that at your regular login times, none of the neighbors suddenly fill up with a huge pile of avatars.

There are a lot of clubs in Zindra. Some of them are active 24/7 and easy to spot, some have event hours. When they fill up your spot could get laggy. So just make sure that if there is one where you buy, it's not filling during your active time of day.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.