Oh Em Gee! Totally Unofficial Thankful and Grateful Thread! Share your smiles Yes! SL SMILES!

Seicher Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh em gee! I finally found an "easy" way to parse JSON_OBJECT types in LSL.

This has been bugging me for awhile, because I wanted to be able to 1) "dump" a formatted JSON_OBJECT type for debugging, and 2) "traverse" a JSON_OBJECT without knowing the "keys" (mostly to "dump" the formatted JSON_OBJECT type).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I logged in and someone had sent me money. No message, no notecard, no sale history, just money out of nowhere. I guess they figured I could use a new dress or something.

So I got an antique dress. XD I am so grateful. I was saving everything for cat food.

And I have enough left over for cat food! \o/

Minor Peeve (I know, I know, wrong thread): I had to go FIVE pages deep to find the positive things thread, while people are busy being transphobic and venomous and posting how much they hate this and that all over everywhere else.

For SHAME~! This thread is supposed to stay on page 1! We're sposed to be setting a good example! And why are there so few threads like this? >.<

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

For SHAME~! This thread is supposed to stay on page 1! We're sposed to be setting a good example! And why are there so few threads like this? >.<

Yes, we should be trying to set good examples.   It's way more positive and uplifting than constant rant threads where we accuse others of being unkind for imagined things in our own minds.  After all, accusing people of things they're not doing really brings the mood down.  I agree, shameful.  We should all be careful not to just run our mouths and even more careful to assume best intent.

I am grateful for having made the decision to empty my block list and engage with everyone and to be VERY careful before publicly accusing others of wrongdoing. I pledge to try to be self aware enough to look inside myself when I am upset about other's negative posts and to recognize hypersensitive ramblings designed to divide.

I will accept that others will make mistakes and laugh at those who purposely lay bait.  I will call out hypocrisy when I safely can within the forum guidelines and laugh at the rest.  I will not allow people to use mental health issues or neurodivergencies as excuses to be jerks.  I will watch juvenile name calling and childish accusations pass and be grateful that I am capable of some level of maturity no matter what character I am playing.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
Spelling
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

Minor Peeve (I know, I know, wrong thread): I had to go FIVE pages deep to find the positive things thread, while people are busy being transphobic and venomous and posting how much they hate this and that all over everywhere else.

Search: "oh em gee". There's another thread too, I forget the title search key just now.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Today I got a magic wand that's way better than that silly Potter kid's. Mine shoots THERMONUCLEAR PLASMA GRENADES!!!!!!!

A huge thank you to @PheebyKatz!

Too bad you can't aim the b*st*rds

You are so very welcome. And thank you for the LM to the tanks~! I'm used to having to rezz them! ^-^ ❤️

As is probably rather appropriate for today, at least for anyone who was raised to believe it to be a celebratory holiday in honor of sharing, gratitude, thanks-giving, and intercultural diplomacy, I'm very thankful today for the chance to be sharing in a diplomatic way with people inworld, and their gratitude is heartwarming.

It's one of the perks of being multilingual, if not all that fluent. Thankfully (oh wow, I didn't see that one coming, I swear), they spoke my second language, and not the third or fourth or worse. That could have resulted in a massive diplomatic failure.

XD

I'm also grateful that someone bought a huge unit of poultry, and I won't even post a Peeve about having to cook the darn thing. That's how thankful I am.

*basks in it a moment*

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1

Bonus Gratitude: They woke me up to make the gravy.

I'm not grateful for being woken up from the nicest dream I've had in forever, but I certainly am grateful it was to make the gravy.

I'm the only person in the house who makes gravy that isn't technically salt and flour pudding, and I'm pretty sure the whole house was grateful they woke me up to make it.

XD

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.