Portal Park Teleporters Down

Waialae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi folks. The teleporters in Portal Parks 1 & 2 have been up and down for weeks. I enjoy the old skool game Linden Realms, and my first thought was that LL might be acclimating SL residents to the removal of a game that pays residents to play. But... then I tried all the teleporters in Portal Park and found that NONE were working. They were up briefly yesterday, but are down again today. Looks like the problem is more complex than it originally appeared. In any case, I submitted a ticket to SL Support yesterday about the transporters being broken. For updates look at ticket 1946734 on the support website: https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/1946734

• Thanks 1

• Moles

We have been working on a solution for intermittent problems with some portals and hope to have them in better running condition soon.  Meanwhile,

• Before you give up, try the portals on both Portal Park 1 and Portal Park 2.
  • If a portal is not working, please let us know by submitting a Support Case.  We will attend to it as quickly as we can.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Waialae said:

Thanks for your work on this Dyna! Yes, a support ticket was started and I received a reply today from Guy Linden. Fingers crossed...

I think it was Dyna i saw in the Portal park today they were trying to fix the portals the ones the that don't say i'm banned worked perfectly fine for me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guy Linden replied to my ticket yesterday "Thank you for the follow up.  I was aware of some reports of issues, however, they have no affected me the times I have checked.  I am sorry for any inconvenience, thank you for detailing the concern."

That was it. Strange, I've never had LL tech support seem so dismissive of an issue impacting many residents. Sadly it sounds as though LL tech support may be treating the teleporter outages as little more than rumors. I replied "Guy, sorry you are unable to confirm that the teleporters have been down. Dyna Mole may be able to provide technical details to you that I as an end user cannot. Does LL keep minute-by-minute records of how many residents are in the Portal Park region? When the teleporters are down I often see residents "parked" at the teleporter waiting for it to work again. There are many reasons for people to gather in Portal Park, but records from recent days will likely show certain times with small crowds. Those times may be examples of teleporter outage."

Fingers crossed that our friend Dyna Mole can help in ways that tech support is not willing or able. 

• Like 1

• Moles

Thanks for the alert, @Waialae.  The portal system is complicated, so it's not surprising that we get conflicting information from different sources and at different times.  It all helps as we look for the best long-term solution.  Until we get there, we'll do our best to respond quickly when we find that a portal is not working properly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.