To AR Is Human . . .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Luckily, or at least technically, this post is about Second Life. Assuming posts about the Forum count.

But thanks for the heads-up! I'm a read it now! Luckily, I stole some Mole's monocle - which should help with the itty-bitty fonts and funny Forum theme colors and shades.

Ya, I was just looking for a thread that was as close to related as I could find to  post it in..

It wasn't because I thought the thread is violating anything..

I just  seen them update it like 30 minutes ago and did a hot potato. hehehe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I was just looking for a thread that was as close to related as I could find to  post it in..

It wasn't because I thought the thread is violating anything..

I just  seen them update it like 30 minutes ago and did a hot potato. hehehe

I make sure to give a "like" or "thank" for those posts, as they make my Second Life moar bedr.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

No Discussions Not Directly Related to Second Life: Please keep all threads relevant and directly related to Second Life and Linden Lab. Anything unrelated to Second Life is subject to moderation. This includes, but is not limited to, politics, social issues, current events...

The drama about those subjects got so bad that even the staff had to create rules about it, LOL!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, IGarrett said:

The drama about those subjects got so bad that even the staff had to create rules about it, LOL!

I don't think they just created them.. they just kind of tweaked them..

I usually don't even notice up there at the top that much, but something caught my eye.. Then seen it was posted in only a few minutes earlier..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think it's probably fair to say that the new posted guidelines for this forum (and, in different ways, for the others as well) will have changed the nature of our relationship, as posters here, with the "enforcement" side of the forums.

The AR is now, in theory at least, a much more potent tool, and can be directed against any post that contains material that might be deemed "political," related to "social justice issues," or is not relevant to SL. So there's a whole new field of grounds for reporting a post to mods.

How that works out in practice remains, I suppose, to be seen.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think it's probably fair to say that the new posted guidelines for this forum (and, in different ways, for the others as well) will have changed the nature of our relationship, as posters here, with the "enforcement" side of the forums.

The AR is now, in theory at least, a much more potent tool, and can be directed against any post that contains material that might be deemed "political," related to "social justice issues," or is not relevant to SL. So there's a whole new field of grounds for reporting a post to mods.

Well the new posting guidelines I see as being the answer to the community policing of past posts and threads as each is in effect a vote for what community members wish to see on the Forums. Be careful what you wish for, you may get it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It may well make the moderators wish these new directives had not been put in place.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

It may well make the moderators wish these new directives had not been put in place.

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Well the new posting guidelines I see as being the answer to the community policing of past posts and threads as each is in effect a vote for what community members wish to see on the Forums. Be careful what you wish for, you may get it.

I am thinking the same thing. It is at least possible that the number of ARs is going to skyrocket, given how much content here has been in violation of the new guidelines. As I mentioned in the Peeves thread, a little over one half of the threads currently on the front page of this forum are now in violation of the rules.

My guess is that most of these will not be shut down. And I also doubt there will be vigilantes combing the forum for content to AR on the basis of these new rules, although I would expect ARs to go up: there are quite a few people here who dislike seeing politics or non-SL related discussion. Some of those will probably be . . . zealous.

But what may happen is a short term increase in work for the mods, as the new rules are enforced for the first time, followed by a decline in workload as this forum, frankly, dies.

• Like 3

This feels very stifling. I don't think they understand this has been a SL community that was merged with real life. I think of how I got a great smoothie recipe from Ceka and ranted about our fear of spiders, or how Lindal gave a great TV series recommendation, or how our resident vet reassured me that Cordelia kitty would be fine after eating a raisin.
Technically, this is all illegal now.

Plus, I can't write any more sweeping indictments on western civilization...lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:
2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I just can't see the purpose of the change. There hasn't even been a lot of political arguing of late. Mostly the posts not related to SL have just been fun topics.

Depends on who the forums are for.

Yes, real people are in SL, not just avatars who roleplay.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Depends on who the forums are for.

Exactly. Note ALL the Adult stuff is being kept in the Adult section now. No more looking for subs or polyamorous relationships in the Lifestyles section.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3

From the guideline, under Not Allowed:

"Anything that doesn’t relate directly to Second Life/Linden Lab, Generic posts (like “Post a random animal picture!” versus an acceptable “Post your Second Life pets!”), etc."

So posting a photo of a random animal is now illegal?

Truly, I can't wrap my head around all this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Exactly. Note ALL the Adult stuff is being kept in the Adult section now. No more looking for subs or polyamorous relationships in the Lifestyles section.

They really should move that section out of the boonies if they are going to do that.. It's like the second to the last section in the main directories..

They are going to be moving threads all the time if it stays so out of sight.. hehehe

Unless this is just the first steps to something else that is coming. :ph34r:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

This isn't a good sign, just further discriminating against relationships outside of heteronormativity that are perfectly valid in and out of SL.

Where do LGBTQ people post ?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

"Anything that doesn’t relate directly to Second Life/Linden Lab, Generic posts (like “Post a random animal picture!” versus an acceptable “Post your Second Life pets!”), etc."

They did say they are guide lines and probably not gonna do much unless it's stirring things up..

More or less if you draw their attention in a negative way, there could be the ole beat down a comin.. hehehehe

They did say Random animal pic.. So I guess if it's on topic it's not random.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

To repeat, Luna. Over half of the current content on the front page of this forum is no longer permitted. The Wiki apparently suggests they won't close existing threads (thanks Arielle), but that certainly implies that they will be applying the rule to new content.

How much of the "Peeves" thread is about SL? Maybe a third?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They did say they are guide lines and probably not gonna do much unless it's stirring things up..

More or less if you draw their attention in a negative way, there could be the ole beat down a comin.. hehehehe

You wanna risk it .. or should all be getting blind alts and a VPN .. like the trolls have been doing for years 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Where do LGBTQ people post ?

This sounds suspiciously like a "social justice issue" to me.

I jest. Sort of. But I could probably now justify reporting that comment. I doubt it would be sanctioned,  but still . . .

You spoke of a "chill" I think.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They did say Random animal pic.. So I guess if it's on topic it's not random.

Yes but they said if you can imagine your posting at someplace else it shouldn't be here on this forum.

I just won't deliberately do things that are illegal and worry about getting a slap for it. I feel stifled like I have to watch everything I say. Not a fun forum anymore.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

You wanna risk it .. or should all be getting blind alts and a VPN .. like the trolls have been doing for years 

We're gonna end up finding out sooner or later because someone is gonna do it at some point.. hehehehe

The moles and the lindens were always good about coming into the threads and giving a heads up most of the time before doing anything.. Even doing some clean up or reopening some threads..

I really don't think they are out to get us, but maybe had someone  say something to to them to where they had to send us a message as well..

It'll all come out in the wash. hehehehe

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.