Can anyone fix my broken neck?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Your neck size in your body's HUD is probably set wrong. I don't know what it'll look like on other bodies, but in Maitreya's HUD you've got the neck size options in the Skin/Base tab at the bottom:

40e9025c2cbde4c400bc68b8e522260a.png

I never keep track of which is which, just click around until it fits!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

lol look at this! Doesn't matter how big or small i make my neck, it remains broken. 

Anyone know what's going on? 

thanks,

Ingrid

image.png.2fe66a7064d8b94cc6f75ebc88d8e2ad.png

It's a problem between the body and the head. It's not your fault. 

2 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Your neck size in your body's HUD is probably set wrong. I don't know what it'll look like on other bodies, but in Maitreya's HUD you've got the neck size options in the Skin/Base tab at the bottom:

40e9025c2cbde4c400bc68b8e522260a.png

I never keep track of which is which, just click around until it fits!

In addition to this, you'll have to play with the numbers a bit to get it as close as possible. There will always be a tiny seam there when zoomed way in but it will not be noticeable at all close up. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Lelutka evox head, legacy bod. 

I don't use that body but see if there is a neck fix option in there similar to Maitreya and toggle it off. Not talking about neck size, the but fix itself if it has one.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Modulated said:

Not talking about neck size, the but fix itself if it has one.

Neck 'fixes' (or 'mess'er-uppers') will make your neck look worse in 10/9 cases. Any combination of a body and head which both have the universal neck size as an option should create a snug fit far superior to the semi-transparent flesh-choker that just doubles the amount of seams hugging your throat. 

• Like 1

If the neck adjustment isn't working from the hud, try detaching and attaching your legacy hud again in case it's stalled.

Also try setting it to the farthest dot on the left and ease your way up.. It looks like it's stuck on the farthest right. Each setting could take some time to change also because the hud is pretty laggy sometimes..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Lelutka evox head, legacy bod. 

I went and decided to try my legacy body to see how well the hud was acting..

I've been trying to get my legacy hud to open for the passed 10 minutes, but it's just sitting there in a blur on the style section.

Finally had to detach and reattach it to get it to do anything, so it's a good chance your hud may have stalled, I'm thinking anyways.

• Thanks 1

Occasionally, I've had neck issues with the Maitreya body and wrist issues with the SLink hands that appear similar to what you're seeing, despite everything having been fine the day before.

When that's happened, a re-log has usually fixed it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Modulated said:

I don't use that body but see if there is a neck fix option in there similar to Maitreya and toggle it off. Not talking about neck size, the but fix itself if it has one.

Thanks guys, there IS a neck size option in the legacy hud and it's fixed now. For future reference for anyone with a similar issue, it's here: 

image.png.83f9a8f0ec8fd96f2f93416c7b55e040.png

the little dots above are neck size options

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Thanks guys, there IS a neck size option in the legacy hud and it's fixed now. For future reference for anyone with a similar issue, it's here: 

image.png.83f9a8f0ec8fd96f2f93416c7b55e040.png

the little dots above are neck size options

I've been using my Legacy hud and body for over a year now and I can help you with future questions; I wish I'd seen your post half an hour ago.  Good for you for finding the dots :)   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.