MP reviews: This was a pretty good idea, I think

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know that the vast majority of Marketplace sellers are decent folks who put a lot of time and effort into their creations, so let's please not go down that rabbit hole, but there obviously is a minority who are not.

I came across such an MP store today while looking for some full perm parts. A high percentage of the reviews were something like "doesn't look like the picture at all". One guy came up with the idea of including a Gyazo link in his review, where you could clearly see that what was a high quality car in the pic was really a very badly textured thing that only faintly resembled the picture.

Another giveaway that this was downloaded 3D models uploaded to SL was the vast array of totally unrelated things in the store, like an elephant, a kayak, some statues, some buildings, motorbikes, binoculars, caps, a horse, a zombie, what have you.

I think the Gyazo link was a pretty good idea, what do you think? I suppose it can be abused.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HeathcliffMontague said:

I know that the vast majority of Marketplace sellers are decent folks who put a lot of time and effort into their creations, so let's please not go down that rabbit hole, but there obviously is a minority who are not.

I came across such an MP store today while looking for some full perm parts. A high percentage of the reviews were something like "doesn't look like the picture at all". One guy came up with the idea of including a Gyazo link in his review, where you could clearly see that what was a high quality car in the pic was really a very badly textured thing that only faintly resembled the picture.

Another giveaway that this was downloaded 3D models uploaded to SL was the vast array of totally unrelated things in the store, like an elephant, a kayak, some statues, some buildings, motorbikes, binoculars, caps, a horse, a zombie, what have you.

I think the Gyazo link was a pretty good idea, what do you think? I suppose it can be abused.

Are links allowed to be included with reviews? Unsure, If so, I would hope so and then when AR is filed Gov can inspect and pull photo leave listing and advise seller to update photo. Your link would serve as a photo for the product, just incase seller passed, or is away form sl. I'm impressed with the marketing materials creators come up with. Seeing something in a photo with no virtual/physical object to see in virtual person usually a deal breaker for me; if the price is over my willing to loose risk threshold. I like to take risks sometimes, most of the time I end up very pleased. 

Edited by Paulsian
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 4:54 AM, HeathcliffMontague said:

The Lindens nerfed the review system so that residents cannot comment on other people's reviews, which destroyed what had been actually a fairly good self-correcting system, so that if someone (the merchant's friend) puts up a rave review and you know it to be false, you can provide feedback, or visa versa (this is more common), when that merchant's competitor puts up a bad review that is false -- then you can challenge it.

Now you can't.

Only people who bought the product can put a review and comments are closed.

Too many thin-skinned merchants cried to the Lindens and this is what we got.

The gyazo is a great idea but watch to see whether the next thing to be nerfed will be links -- no links allowed.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.