You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 5/5/2022 at 11:46 AM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Since

Fenty foundation will make you break out, and the color range gets very orange-y and also oxidizes. I don’t recommend it. If you want full coverage I recommend chanel ultra La teint or Estée Lauder double wear. Both are sweat proof, waterproof and non Comedogenic (doesn’t break you out)

If you want to try Fenty I suggest their bronzers, lips and some skincare! Their new cookies and cream mask is great

Edited by Vivalaveronica Violet
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2022 at 11:30 AM, Myntz Mysterious said:

You can say this is kinda build your own, and its goal is to be owner serviceable for a laptop.

https://frame.work/

I love that these laptops come with Linux preinstalled, but no dedicated GPU. I want my GPU, even if it's mostly for 3D gaming. But those damned devs at Nvidia and AMD... anyway, maybe if Intel's ARC GPUs take off in the market it might be included in a laptop like this one someday. Intel's graphics drivers for Linux are open source (except for the PowerVR chips).

On 5/5/2022 at 10:17 AM, Jenna Huntsman said:

Building a PC is super easy. Heck, LTT, a respected tech content creator, made a start-to-finish video on how to build a PC for people with no prior knowledge - see here -

Desktops are better to be honest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just bought a gaming laptop. A Lenovo Legion 5. Works great w/ SL. I normally use low graphics detail and the fans don't even come on. I've used several Lenovo laptops for work and I like the all black business-like design which is inspired by the original IBM Thinkpads. I was planning to get a Steamdeck but a laptop seems better in many ways.

The main reason for the new laptop is because my very old desktop is failing. I think it's just the main hard drive. Now that I have a 2nd computer, I can slowly work on fixing it or possibly upgrading it to be Windows 11 compatible.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I just bought a gaming laptop. A Lenovo Legion 5. Works great w/ SL. I normally use low graphics detail and the fans don't even come on. I've used several Lenovo laptops for work and I like the all black business-like design which is inspired by the original IBM Thinkpads. I was planning to get a Steamdeck but a laptop seems better in many ways.

The main reason for the new laptop is because my very old desktop is failing. I think it's just the main hard drive. Now that I have a 2nd computer, I can slowly work on fixing it or possibly upgrading it to be Windows 11 compatible.

Curious... how old is that desktop? If it's not more than 10 years or so you might be able to clone that drive, or buy a new one and install Windows 11 on it. I clean installed Win11 on a 10 year old laptop after I upgraded the HD to a SSD. Yes, I had to use a hack to bypass TPM detection but it worked, and I used a product key from a previous Win10 install tied to that PC, so it's (mostly) legal. Still getting updates on it regularly from Microsoft.

I think upgrading to 11 on an older PC that's more than four years old also depends on the processor. I got lucky with my low end Pentium B960, it's a dual core 2.2 GHz CPU with Intel HD integrated graphics. No dedicated GPU on that one, and I'm ok with that as it's perfect for running older games vs my newer 2018 model.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

It’s about 6 years old. I’m not sure I want to run a hack to get Windows 11 running. I’ll probably fix the drive and run Win 10 for as long as possible then think about upgrading.

If your having issues, make a disk image. And/or clone your drive.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2

One of the best (if not the best) quality/price laptops with medium/high performances (for SL is very good of course) is the Lenovo Legion 5i pro. The price is variable based on your setting. If you want to have a really good one I would go for the 12th Intel gen i7 12700H, 16GB ram, and at least an RTX™ 3070 Ti 8. It can go up to the i9, 32Gb ram, and a 3090 but it goes out of your budget. The setup I wrote is already a very solid one and should be more or less into your budget.

To save extra money you could go also for the 2021 version which is very similar but it has a 11th gen Intel processor (or the AMD one), but in my opinion the 12th Gen Intel processor is worth the extra money.

Edited by Antonioo Giano
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.