Can't log on second life since the server maintenance

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, PunkYeenLilith said:

i can't log on second life since the planned maintenance of today , i already restartedmy router and computer but nothing happened , is this some issues from linden lab ? seems like other people from ym server region (i'm from italy) are having the same issues.

Do you get an error message?  If so, what does it say?

4 minutes ago, PunkYeenLilith said:

yeah little update i used a vpn from netherlands and second life logged me in , i guess this issue is totally on linden lab

that would be routing issue between the isp you use and the aws servers in Oregon.   you used another route and it worked.  not the labs fault since others are able to login just fine and do things just fine.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, PunkYeenLilith said:

ah well if that might be the case what should i do for fix the issue ?

Talk to your ISP or use a different DNS server, which will typically give you a different route.  I think I read here that Google has a DNS server you can use.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

that would be routing issue between the isp you use and the aws servers in Oregon.   you used another route and it worked.  not the labs fault since others are able to login just fine and do things just fine.

No internet issues in the Portland metro area that I'm aware of.

1 minute ago, PunkYeenLilith said:

friendly reminder that i also said that my region is italy so in south europe , so people from USA might not have issues while we do.

The AWS servers that you are trying to access are in Oregon. I live in Oregon. Point being the issue is likely with your ISP.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

The AWS servers that you are trying to access are in Oregon. I live in Oregon. Point being the issue is likely with your ISP.

I remember when they were only in arizona and I was living in utah, my pings were 12ms to ll's servers, no matter the sims I went too,  now back home in indy,  120ms+ lol.   people always over look the routing issue.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PunkYeenLilith said:

tried to also change dns server but still loading get stuck at "requestion region capabilities" so running out of ideas about how to fix this if not contact linden lab directly

You'll need to contact YOUR ISP, not Linden Lab.  

Since you are able to log in via VPN, the issue is not on Linden Lab side.  It is somewhere within the route that your ISP is providing to the server.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PunkYeenLilith said:

tried to also change dns server but still loading get stuck at "requestion region capabilities" so running out of ideas about how to fix this if not contact linden lab directly

Even if you are not using Firestorm their troubleshooting guide will help.

fs_login_issues [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org)

The section you want is this one: 'Unable to Connect to Simulator' or 'Despite Our Best Attempts...' or other connection messages

If you are into figuring out where the problem is, read Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection. (2011)

Remember. There is a war going on. For the USA and other western countries helping Ukraine there is the likelihood of Russian cyber attacks. Connecting to the SL servers is likely to be the least of our problems.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

If you are into figuring out where the problem is, read Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection. (2011)

Remember. There is a war going on. For the USA and other western countries helping Ukraine there is the likelihood of Russian cyber attacks. Connecting to the SL servers is likely to be the least of our problems.

gigatrans a massive backbone running through the area that provides transport to more than that region is also under heavy bottle necks and if any routes take that way too, it would affect the OP too.

10 hours ago, PunkYeenLilith said:

yeah little update i used a vpn from netherlands and second life logged me in , i guess this issue is totally on linden lab

stop using a vpn .. and a vpn from NL while you are in It ... well they still know where you are, and what you do, don't worry about that, big brother never has been so busy checking internet as last months.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.