Got a 512 Linden Home. So how do I use my remaining 512

HazelEnglish

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have given up a 1024 houseboat to try out Newbrook.  And got given a 512 size house, which is fine.  But am I able to somehow use the remaining 512 space I have left in SL, and which is included in my premium membership?

If so how do I do that?

Thanks in advance for any tips/tutorials/guidance?

• Like 1

You can find land for sale in the map. Be sure that the "Land Sale" item is checked. You will see for sale land in yellow with a small "price tag" on it. If you click on that price tag it will show you the size and price. You will get to recognize which ones are closer to 512 after you click a few. Prices vary widely. Some are ridiculously high; others are more reasonable.

Once you find some that you like, go there to see who your neighbors are and if you like the area. You can right click on the land to get info which is where you will have the option to buy it. (Or click on the "Land" menu in the upper left of your viewer.)

This is using Firestorm; I'm sure the process is similar in the LL SL viewer.

SLMap.thumb.jpg.7a13033d181e9f70d6888665db98ca86.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Sean Heavy said:

You can find land for sale in the map. Be sure that the "Land Sale" item is checked. You will see for sale land in yellow with a small "price tag" on it. If you click on that price tag it will show you the size and price. You will get to recognize which ones are closer to 512 after you click a few. Prices vary widely. Some are ridiculously high; others are more reasonable.

Once you find some that you like, go there to see who your neighbors are and if you like the area. You can right click on the land to get info which is where you will have the option to buy it. (Or click on the "Land" menu in the upper left of your viewer.)

This is using Firestorm; I'm sure the process is similar in the LL SL viewer.

SLMap.thumb.jpg.7a13033d181e9f70d6888665db98ca86.jpg

...and then i buy it, and then that will be mine, as long as I keep paying premium?  (or do I also have to pay additonal each month?)

• Like 2

Just now, HazelEnglish said:

...and then i buy it, and then that will be mine, as long as I keep paying premium?  (or do I also have to pay additonal each month?)

As long as you don't go over your total 1024, i.e. 512 LL Home and 512 Mainland, you won't have to pay additional each month. And yes, you have to keep paying premium.

(TL;DR) I have 2 separate 512 mainland lots for a total of 1024 and I only pay my normal premium, no extras. I don't have an LL Home.

FYI, If you decide you want to get a 1024 LL Home, you will have to either sell your mainland lot, abandon your mainland lot, or pay the additional each month. Unless you are in a premium area, selling your mainland lot usually takes a long time. In the past, I have paid too much for a mainland lot that I ended up just abandoning because I could not sell it, even for a low price.

• Like 1

It is Newbrooke 1024 on the LH home page now!

... Still is after 5 min. If you abandon your 512 and have the patience to refresh the LH page, you get a 1024 within days. This is not the first time I have seen 1024's today.

Edited by Marianne Little
added the last
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, HazelEnglish said:

..and then i buy it, and then that will be mine, as long as I keep paying premium?

as long as your total land holdings aren't more than 1024sqm you'll only pay the premium fee. also you don't have to stick to "for sale" plots where 512's might be thin on the ground if you are exploring mainland and see some abandoned land you like you can contact support and see if they will carve you out a 512 you can buy 

• Like 1

Still... I would abandon the 512 house and refresh until a 1024 show up. But that's probably many who disagree.

Having all the li to decorate with in one place is so much better. On Mainland, you have to buy the plot, and find a house that you have to use li on.

The Newbrooke 1024 is popular because you can have all the 8 house options on them. The ones from 512 m plots is giving you a big garden.

• Like 5

If you like decorating your LL Home, I would agree with @Marianne Little. Plus, decorating your LL Home would more likely look nice being surrounded by other LL Homes that are also nicely decorated. While that can happen on the mainland, it can also end up being a nightmare with no recourse but to sell/abandon your mainland and try to find something else.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.