Stilt Home Options

EnchantrixLisa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just settled on the Havana as well. I was all about the Houseboats and today I took a chance and landed on a parcel I like.  Of course this is much more room and I am not a decorator or even know what colors work well together.  I need inspiration. 🤔

I know you said it's open to the public but I still want to ask first before popping over. :) 

6 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Yes the post is sometimes quite hard to find, if you're not alongside a road or a pier.  One of the single-storey options is all open-plan inside.

LOL it is!  I was circling the house with the cam and it took a minute or two to find it and it was by pure click here click there oh here it is! 🤭

Now I need someone to create a add-on fix for the not so pretty trim outside.  The rough peeling paint look is not a cute. 🙄

• Like 2

So I made the mistake of doing an Abandon thinking I could find something a bit better and now Stilts are becoming that needle in a haystack.  I landed on this one and I think I want to keep it BUT the deck is facing the ROAD!  Whyyyy????  Who wants to look out while relaxing on their deck and look at the road????  Maybe a race car driver, who knows.  Sorry I'm ranting.  Anywhoo I think I like it bc I could rezz a car and go for a drive I guess but still I don't want to look out at the road. 

Does anyone have a suggestion on what I could do?  Are there any add-ons I could put on the front of the house that is facing the water?  Any ideas would be great.  I don't want to drown my sadness in a donut...no I'm gonna eat the donut let me not lie LOL. 🤤

fgdfgdfgfjhgghj.JPG.b2d41b63b7ab4941d19bcb4651ed3bab.JPG

20 minutes ago, EnchantrixLisa said:

So I made the mistake of doing an Abandon thinking I could find something a bit better and now Stilts are becoming that needle in a haystack.  I landed on this one and I think I want to keep it BUT the deck is facing the ROAD!  Whyyyy????  Who wants to look out while relaxing on their deck and look at the road????  Maybe a race car driver, who knows.  Sorry I'm ranting.  Anywhoo I think I like it bc I could rezz a car and go for a drive I guess but still I don't want to look out at the road. 

Does anyone have a suggestion on what I could do?  Are there any add-ons I could put on the front of the house that is facing the water?  Any ideas would be great.  I don't want to drown my sadness in a donut...no I'm gonna eat the donut let me not lie LOL. 🤤

You could add a bamboo screen and some potted plants on your deck, so you don't see the road. Being close to the road is not such a bad thing though. It's easy for people to find your house and easy for you to go out to the road.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

You could add a bamboo screen and some potted plants on your deck, so you don't see the road. Being close to the road is not such a bad thing though. It's easy for people to find your house and easy for you to go out to the road.

Hey there :)  That's why I'm kinda not tripp'n about it too much.  I think I will like going car or motorcycle shopping!  I guess I should get a boat as well since I'm on the water.  I love your idea!  That would be so pretty.  

• Like 1

I love stilts, have one, but whenever I landed in one I didn't like I left, it can take a couple days more to find one I like but I have to have a porch facing water, and in general a good feel about the place (plus good access to open water to take my boat out).

There are more stilts out there, if you don't feel good about this one go for another one :)

• Like 2

I love stilts, have one, but whenever I landed in one I didn't like I left, it can take a couple days more to find one I like but I have to have a porch facing water, and in general a good feel about the place (plus good access to open water to take my boat out).

There are more stilts out there, if you don't feel good about this one go for another one :)

Hello!  I too like having the deck, etc facing out towards the water.  I landed on one once at it was facing another home.  It just makes me want to kick myself for giving up the first one I had that was pretty perfect.  I got a premium acct for the alt so I'm trying with both.  I'm only going to keep one premium acct but that will be after I make my final decision.  I do like the idea of being near a road and having water access, I just don't want to face the road lol. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EnchantrixLisa said:

Hello!  I too like having the deck, etc facing out towards the water.  I landed on one once at it was facing another home.  It just makes me want to kick myself for giving up the first one I had that was pretty perfect.  I got a premium acct for the alt so I'm trying with both.  I'm only going to keep one premium acct but that will be after I make my final decision.  I do like the idea of being near a road and having water access, I just don't want to face the road lol. 

Most of the stilts I've landed had the decks facing out on the water. I'm not crazy about road-facing decks, either. Don't get me started on the square houseboat parcels where the decks face the neighbors. (I understand the reasoning behind it but makes me unable to hang onto them, no matter the location). And then there are the Trads, where I thought I wanted a water facing view. I've come to realize that I actually want the back of the house to face the water. I don't tend to hang out on the front porch.

• Like 2

I found out that having the front porch in water is a big no to me, I prefer it to be on piers or land.  I don't tend to hang out in there too, but opening the front door to water bothered me, it was one of the reasons I left a stilt.

My actual stilt is on piers, but is a small on water piers (only 2 houses), back facing the water on the edge of a sim. 

And almost noone around my stilt :) , most of the houses on water are claimed but unfurnished (some have a rug or a sofa), so it  is me and the bots in a near house . Stilts on land seem to be more lived and decorated, ate least over there

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CalypsoJewel said:

Personally, i'd rather look at a road than have somebody else's deck right there in my face lol. There were a couple of on-land waterside parcels going around last night, but appear to be taken now.

I gave it up.  Now I am facing someone's deck LOL. But I think I found a work around hehehehe 🤪

But for real I may keep looking OR if I stay find a solution similar to this but not this.  

This is the link in the MP if anyone wants to get one. The Creator is giving it away and it is really great quality and it has sound and you can resize it.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Meadows-Waterfall-large-touch-for-menu/23250825?page=1

khkhuyturytre.JPG.928b5453da3ae929f84a9f586fd1dfe1.JPG

Edited by EnchantrixLisa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

Most of the stilts I've landed had the decks facing out on the water. I'm not crazy about road-facing decks, either. Don't get me started on the square houseboat parcels where the decks face the neighbors.

Oh the square parcels! I thought I would love it and I did at first until I saw how the houseboats were placed.  The only house that had the sliding doors were facing everywhere but towards the water.  Why couldn't they have selected a houseboat with a side large door or sliding doors?  smh  I really sometimes question the thought process behind some of these placements. 

• Like 2

I've learned to say "Never is never." My alt just landed a Trad with a front-facing water view. It's high above houseboats. My fave views are overlooking (but not right on top of) harbors. It's landlocked, though, so I'll need to rez my vehicles elsewhere. Not a bad trade-off for a great view.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I've learned to say "Never is never." My alt just landed a Trad with a front-facing water view. It's high above houseboats. My fave views are overlooking (but not right on top of) harbors. It's landlocked, though, so I'll need to rez my vehicles elsewhere. Not a bad trade-off for a great view.

That is awesome!  I never thought you could get a water view with a Traditional that's why I've never looked at any of them. Wow! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EnchantrixLisa said:

Is there a way I can change the color of the outside trim?  Also the colors they have for the inside trim isn't working for me. Is there an add on or a work around for it?

Outside trim, no. If the inside won't work, try rezzing a different style, then re-rezzing the one you want and wait 30 seconds before you touch the house(open the doors, mess with the control panel, etc).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, EnchantrixLisa said:

YAY ME!!! I am NOT moving again!:SwingingFriends: LOL  Now I am having a donut 🍩to celebrate and take a nap!  I've been up since last night and I'm sleepy but wanted to keep trying for a house. 

LKJLKJLKPIPOIPOI.JPG.d1bce312aa62aad3095333fe964d7720.JPG

It is lovely, congrats

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CalypsoJewel said:

Outside trim, no. If the inside won't work, try rezzing a different style, then re-rezzing the one you want and wait 30 seconds before you touch the house(open the doors, mess with the control panel, etc).

Hey there! I just found a creator that has shells for the outside, interior and the floors for the Havana and some for the Newbrooke homes.  I love the outside options he has so I'm going to get the shell for the walls.  The shells are 1LI so that's good. :)

jhhjhghhlbmnbnb.JPG.7f1c842ce492e7dde8f0e2354dcd750f.JPG

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.