I'm Being Watched!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

35 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Criticizing someone or some business is hardly the same thing

Yes, tweeting up a storm and suggesting someone who's been sick for months has a death wish (and should sell up and quit SL), if they can't cater to your trivial and pedantic needs, is absolutely the kind of extended content and community this platform needs. I'm 100% certain this isn't just a dog whistle for your 1909 twitter followers to harass this person or their venue in world .. and all for L$199.

Good Job.

Maybe @Linden Lab do need to update the ToS to include named personal attacks & harassment on other platforms, they might not be able to make those other platforms take action, but they certainly can do something here when the guilty party is beyond all doubt.

It would very much help those being harassed and bullied off the platform.

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

First, make a mirror site so that you can always see what it is that prompted some of these crazy bans. That requires copying your every post, which may disappear if "moderated" or if you are "disciplined". That gets boring and hard quick and few would want to make that commitment. Still, some would at least occasionally, enough to make it worthwhile. When you hold up a mirror to a phenomenon like this, it can change it. Maybe not quickly. But over time.

I like this point, but as you say, it gets old fast going to the trouble.  And normally I would never think a thread in the Technical section of this forum would ever become a mud slinging contest.  What bothered me was all the work I put in collecting in world data about different TPV's and the SL Viewer, and putting that (unpublished data) info in a post,  only to have all those posts removed, for unknown reasons.  I swear the nuclear codes for Putin's ICBM's was not hidden in that data. There's more to this story than I am going to mention here, because I don't need another blanket ban.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Maybe @Linden Lab do need to update the ToS to include named personal attacks & harassment on other platforms, they might not be able to make those other platforms take action, but they certainly can do something here when the guilty party is beyond all doubt.

It would very much help those being harassed and bullied off the platform.

Here on these forums LL knows exactly who is who behind the keyboard.
But one could take any SL name and forum picture to Facebook, Youtube or Twitter and open an account under that name and start mud trowing at whatever one wants.
Chances that the Lab can find out who is really behind it, especially when VPN is used: Practically zero.
so I can totally see that they will not burn their fingers on policing elsewhere than on their own servers.

Edited by Sid Nagy

8 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Here on these forums LL knows exactly who is who behind the keyboard.
But one could take any SL name and forum picture to Facebook, Youtube or Twitter and open an account under that name and start mud trowing at whatever one wants

Oh I agree, hence the stipulation that identity would need to be beyond all doubt. Cases of long standing twitter accounts or troll videos where there name of the abuser is dead central on screen for the entire duration aren't really going to need much detective work.

In my own case, because the abuser's individual infractions often fell just below the bar needed for the lab to take action (and they refused to even consider a historical pattern of harassment documented externally), or the infraction happened outside of SL, no action was ever taken. I was advised by law enforcement to stop using the internet and change my child's school. This went on for the better part of a year till another victim finally managed to file an AR with LL that stuck and got him banned.

• Thanks 1

All this drama and Twitter insanity makes me glad I don't have accounts on Twitter or social platforms like it. My life may be a bit on the dull side because I don't do social media, but it's far less stressful that way and I will live a lot longer without it. 

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.