Deploy Plan for the Week of 2022-03-07

Mazidox Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server

We're restarting all Second Life Server regions on Tuesday 2022-03-08 starting at 06:00 Pacific Standard Time (n.b. The United States switches to Daylight Savings time next week before our Tuesday deploy window.)

Second Life RC

We'll be deploying a new version 2022-03-01.569051 with internal fixes (mostly to how the simulator starts up before you can teleport/log in, and how it shuts down after everyone is disconnected) as well as a fix for a crash and a fix to an LSL math function

Scheduled 07:00 Wednesday 2022-03-09 Pacific Standard Time (n.b. The United States switches to Daylight Savings time next week before our Tuesday deploy window.)

• Thanks 4

This New Version  569051,  is working my GPU hard. i have Hard Spiking to 100% GPU .Just Panning to Look at a avatar next to me and it spikes. what are   they doing mining  coin in the back ground. there is no reason i need to buy a 10k machine to run sl, just not happy  with this update . the last version. when i left sim and came back later i would have spikes. but it would settle down. 

32 minutes ago, Kaylea Cotton said:

This New Version  569051,  is working my GPU hard. i have Hard Spiking to 100% GPU .Just Panning to Look at a avatar next to me and it spikes. what are   they doing mining  coin in the back ground. there is no reason i need to buy a 10k machine to run sl, just not happy  with this update . the last version. when i left sim and came back later i would have spikes. but it would settle down. 

rendering is done client side, not server side.

• Like 1

So we should be expecting something Tuesday, and because of the DST change we will see it an hour earlier in Europe. I don't know effects elsewhere, but I expect there are a lot of places that haven't changed, especially southern hemisphere.

I have a clock app on my smartphone which displays time in San Francisco as well as UTC and London, and my wristwatch has a hacking second hand. Worrying about seconds still feels a bit picky, but you easily notice a whole hour.

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.