Any (Active) Lolita Fashion Communities in SL? (+ Interest Check)

Hime Suki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 3/4/2022 at 10:52 PM, belindacarson said:

Some may describe this as "harmless"🙄

But others might describe it as not so harmless

Take a look at your own post history, and take note of what you responded in the thread "Couldn't we be more friendly?"

Who's really causing harm here? 🤔

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 5

54 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Personally, I think the look is adorable.  I have an item or 2 in somewhat the same style.  Sounds like an idea for a pic.  😊

It's suuuuper cute, but I can't pull it off - even in SL. I think I'd burst into flames if I tried. 🤣 Some of the real gowns are straight up gorgeous, though. Take a browse through Pinterest!

10 hours ago, StarlanderGoods said:

Shiro Lolita > Kuro Lolita, and I will die on this hill!

I object! 😄

44 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Try Pixel Box for Victorian Steampunk. Also search on Marketplace with "Steampunk AND Mesh" or "Victorian AND Mesh". Using AND in caps between search terms helps to limit the search to items that have both terms in their description.

Yayyyy, thank you! You're a rockstar! ❤️

• Like 2

i would greatly love this (even created a forum profile just to support the idea!) while i never was able to get into lolita fashion due to the pricing in RL i am very much living my dream of wearing lolita fashion in SL. tea parties and little events would be so fun and id be totally happy to join! 

• Like 4

I actually discovered lolita fashion through SL -- I was hanging out in Ferguson yesterday looking at 2009-era dresses, wondering whether I should buy one because who knows when the whole sim will end up reclaimed and auctioned off and I will never see them again. I could probably name a few dozen inworld brands from back then; it was pretty mainstream, since the clothing creation methods in use at the time lent themselves very well to puffy skirts and enormous bows. The quality is better now, obviously, but the quantity isn't there.

I don't know of any active inworld lolita groups; store groups mostly have group chat disabled or are too small to have anyone chatting in them. My doll av was in a lolita meetup group some years ago, but never actually made it to any meetups before it folded (timezones & social anxiety, ugh). B@re Rose used to have parties about once a month, no idea whether that's still a thing. But yes, if you made a group, I'd join! (Or, rather, Violet would. Sparkle is more on the casual kawaii side of things.)

There were def lolita groups in the past, but I have no idea what's happened to them in the intervening years. Related to what Sparkle said above, Bare Rose is still around and making... an infinite and dazzling variety of products, including many that are lolita and lolita-adjacent, although they come with some caveats (a particular stiff look that can be hit or miss, and also trying to navigate their store). DuDu also has some super cute dresses and other options.

I've struggled to find actual proper lolita for Maitreya; back when I was rocking Kemono there were a lot more, but it seems like few 'modern' makers are doing it. Those that are fall into the SL trap of "take IRL things, raise the hemline, and lower the neckline"... Sort of the opposite of what I want, haha.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Personally, I think the look is adorable.  I have an item or 2 in somewhat the same style.  Sounds like an idea for a pic.  😊

I could only contribute with some RL pieces (I own around three dresses) as my SL wardrobe focuses on a very different style. 😄

• Like 1

I think it's hard because of the fetishism, I got a dress that I had to pick up in-world (no idea where anymore, MP purchases are searchable, in-world ones tend to get lost over time) and the whole store creeped me out despite having really cute lace dresses actually rigged for Maitreya Petite.

Though, on the bright side, wearing a more realistically shaped (162cm is *not* that short RL, but in SL...) avatar helps me to find the creeps and block them quick XD

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, NanashiNyx said:

I think it's hard because of the fetishism, I got a dress that I had to pick up in-world (no idea where anymore, MP purchases are searchable, in-world ones tend to get lost over time) and the whole store creeped me out despite having really cute lace dresses actually rigged for Maitreya Petite.

Are you sure you were in the right type of store? Not sure why it would creep you out. The dresses are pretty modest, if not straight up royal. Add a couple more inches to the fancy ones, and they'd be ballgowns.

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Are you sure you were in the right type of store? Not sure why it would creep you out. The dresses are pretty modest, if not straight up royal. Add a couple more inches to the fancy ones, and they'd be ballgowns.

Type of store or type of dress?

The dress is very modest, and quite lovely, though the rigging is a bit stiff and if you move too much your legs clip through.

The store felt like it should have been in the back of a white panel van down by the river.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NanashiNyx said:

Type of store or type of dress?

The dress is very modest, and quite lovely, though the rigging is a bit stiff and if you move too much your legs clip through.

This is a major problem I have with mesh gowns in general. The stiffness is awful, especially for anything approaching floor length. I hate it so much but I'm not sure if there's much designers can do. 

1 hour ago, NanashiNyx said:

The store felt like it should have been in the back of a white panel van down by the river.

Oh gosh. That's not good! Maybe try looking at some of the other stores Katherine posted earlier in the thread. The event and shop Rowan posted have some cute stuff in there, too.

You know, I've been thinking about hits a bit and, it might be more workable to look for general Harajuku rather than a specific style.

I have some things that would fit into the "Gothic Lolita" category, but I'm actually more in line with Mori Kei generally speaking, and I've seen quite a few "fashionable" people who look like they fell out of a Visual Kei event wandering around.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.