Having issues with Belleza Jake Body

MograhmDeadbraid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 309 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have purchased the Belleza Jake body. I am currently creating outfits.The problem is that some of my BOM outfits make my hands look really bad. I have to completly clear the Alpha. including my hands. What am I doing wrong?

I hope that you can help me out with this. I really like the naked body I created to use as a basis for adding clothing too. I do know that I need to buy clothing for the body with Jake tags. But there are are a few I want to see if I can use a few items in particular.

Thanks in advance.

Mograhm

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MograhmDeadbraid said:

I have purchased the Belleza Jake body. I am currently creating outfits.The problem is that some of my BOM outfits make my hands look really bad. I have to completly clear the Alpha. including my hands. What am I doing wrong?

I hope that you can help me out with this. I really like the naked body I created to use as a basis for adding clothing too. I do know that I need to buy clothing for the body with Jake tags. But there are are a few I want to see if I can use a few items in particular.

Thanks in advance.

Mograhm

Could you possibly post a.picture of your hand issue?

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@MograhmDeadbraid 

First, the Belleza Jake is currently on like version 3. As the body was updated from its original release version, changes were made to the actual geometry of the body. Because of this, some clothing made for it when it was first released don't fit as well on the later versions. DEMOing clothing before buying it can help with this issue.

Second, the Belleza Jake has always had issues with its hands. Version 3 was suppose to address this, but I have heard its still a problem. In my experience, the only reliable fix is a fully BENTO AO that uses BENTO animations that also animate the fingers. You can also use a BENTO hand animator as well, if you don't want to get a whole new AO.

However, its still a great body with lots of great clothes available for it. Just ALWAYS DEMO!

• Like 3

Belleza bodies do not have hand animations, only poses. If you do not have a Bento AO, everyone will see you with splayed fingers unless you are constantly changing the poses from the hud. And I mean constantly - every few seconds. To avoid this, you need to do one of the following:

1) Get a new AO that has all fully-bento aminations

or 2) Get a Bento hand animator to wear in addition to your regular AO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
20 hours ago, Anthony Marques said:

With the splayed hands, the thing I find weird is that, some people will see you with splayed, or starfish hands, but at the same time, others see them as being OK. I have never worked out why this happens.

Animations are weird in SL. I believe the way to fix this specific problem is to have a script that constantly re-starts an animation so that everyone sees it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Animations are weird in SL. I believe the way to fix this specific problem is to have a script that constantly re-starts an animation so that everyone sees it.

Problem is Belleza bodies are not using P0 or P1 idle hand animations, theirs are P5 poses, so they'll override every single AO on the market (most are P3, some are P4). So people disable those poses from the Belleza's HUD and this is what happens.

Bento AOs with animated hands will fix it while standing, but for the furniture sits they won't as they stop playing standing animations (obviously). And if animations in said furniture are not bento enabled, then that sprayed animation will happen as well.

If said body's user sat on the furniture when another person is around, they'll see them fine, but if someone will arrive after, then sprayed fingers is a 100% case.

Fix is almost what you've said, except those P5 poses can't be used and Belleza users have to find some other idle hand animation, then put that animation and an autoplay/refresh script into something they wear all the time (or just drop them into a prim, make it invisible and attach somewhere) and call it a day.

Most funny (or sad) is that was reported to creator at the time of bento update, and not only it wasn't fixed in the BoM update years later, but it's exactly the same in gen X bodies that were released even later, nor in any of their updates.

Edited by steeljane42
typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 309 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.