Current Up To Date Debug Settings Reference Guide With Definitions

Paulsian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Paulsian said:

A current updated debug settings list for the only viewer I've ever used. The official viewer. 

Oh ok  i never used the official, i am sure  Linden Lab support can help you with that if you write them a ticket. They are the ones coding it after all..

10 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

Oh ok  i never used the official, i am sure  Linden Lab support can help you with that if you write them a ticket. They are the ones coding it after all..

Perfect answer points. I'll try that; I do tend to over complicate things a bit. To be continued. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

After it happened, my objective was to figure out how. Open your cache for SL and monitor it while you are standing within listening distance to other users playing music. I was able to screen shot the name of it and after it was reported to organizations that specialize in this I took a sledge hammer to both computers and my iphone. 

As I've mentioned before, I don't think SL is a place for you nor the internet in general.  You should probably destroy all electronic devices anywhere near you and live 50 feet underground.   IMHO

Thank you Nick for your help and everyone who tried to help. I know sometimes what I ask for is very unusual. My path in SL has led me to wanting to learn more about debug settings. I get it, my second life is not the same as anyone else. I've been conditioning myself to tolerate nearly every obstacle leading me to this point.

I sometimes forget to show gratitude. Thank you again. 

• Like 1

Debug Settings are called Debug because they are meant for debugging purposes, they are internally used in the Viewer code to toggle things and these settings are not meant to be used directly, they are solely there so the Viewer has a bridge (in this case the debug setting) to allow the user to interact with it in a user friendly way, say the interface via Preferences for instance.

The reason most of these options don't work is because in fact most of these options don't work, they were deprecated at some point. Many options were either replaced by dynamic functionality (like the Build button debug for instance) or they were outright removed (like the Pie menu debugs). I do not know why they are still kept (possibly backwards compatibility?) but the Viewer does not crash (and hasn't been crashing the past 10 years) when a leftover setting is in your user settings file which doesn't exist in the Viewer's default settings file, it will simply complain about it being a debug setting that doesn't exist and continue on. Same when the code toggles a debug setting that doesn't exist.

Note that the Debug Settings window also displays all debug settings that you still have as leftover, if you were to create broken Debugs somehow they will be added to the Debug Settings window (given they were written into your user settings file). The Viewer can also dynamically create settings on-demand (it does so for window sizes and positions).

Edited by NiranV Dean
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.