Most embarrassing SL moment

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, LydiavonK said:

Everytime I jump, when I want to the write, but don't manage to click the chat window. 

Any way to stop that, before it's finally possible to rebind keys? 

with Linden Viewer

Preferences \ Move & View \ Keyboard \ Arrow keys always move me

uncheck this option to stop jumping when you don't mean to

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LydiavonK said:

I don't use the arrow keys, or did I get you wrong? 

'e' key is mapped to arrow key PageUp. So when you type 'e' and the chat box doesn't have the focus then  your avatar jumps up

keys W,A,S,D,E,C  are mapped by default to the arrowpad keys: Up, Down, Left Right, PageUp,PageDown

Edited by Mollymews
mapped

Probably not my most embarrassing moment, but it’s the only one I can think of at the moment. 

I’m a serial cammer. Not a cereal cammer, although I’d do that too. I’ve rented a piece of land for a couple of years now, and folks move around a lot. That being said, I’m constantly camming my neighbors. They all have no-view on, so I can’t actually see their avatars, but I like checking interior designs and landscaping and etc.

One day I noticed that there was a cluster of folks on the region in the corner where a newish neighbor lived - they’d been there for a couple of months. Well I’m nosey and that’s that, so I go to cam over to one of the folks and instead I TP to directly, and end up on somebody’s head. I didn’t even wait long enough for anything to load, so slammed down the back button as fast as I could. 

I never got a message or any acknowledgement of my blunder, and I certainly didn’t say anything. Eventually they did move again, but I still live in a state of semi paranoia. 😀

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.