Most embarrassing SL moment

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yesterday I accepted a TP from my friend who usually hosts dance parties in adult Sims. I intended on bringing my other friend. We were wearing matching c♡ck socks 🕺.  Well, my host friend just wanted to show me the landscaping he was working on. I teleported into his home wearing nothing but my Valentines day sock. He was like, "Dude!". So oooo embarrassing! 🤦‍♂️. We're still friends....I think haha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14
  • Sad 1

In London City, there is a little garbage can that will give you items if you click on it.  I decided to shuffle through it and was given a teddy bear that you can wear.  I wanted to see what it looked like, so I put it on and didn't see anything.  I noticed people were talking about a huge teddy bear running around the streets of London City, and when I zoomed out to see it I found it was me.  The bear was so big I did not know I was wearing it.   

• Haha 12

Back when voice was new, I was roleplaying in a trek sim,  one of the guys whom had never really showed up for our meetings and roleplays showed up and demanded we let him back in to play,  I still had the mic locked down,  I looked at hte sim owner and asked him directly "what the %W$@" is <inserts name> doing here.   yep not my best moment as we required every one at that time on staff to have voice on, even if they did not talk...   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Back when voice was new, I was roleplaying in a trek sim,  one of the guys whom had never really showed up for our meetings and roleplays showed up and demanded we let him back in to play,  I still had the mic locked down,  I looked at hte sim owner and asked him directly "what the %W$@" is <inserts name> doing here.   yep not my best moment as we required every one at that time on staff to have voice on, even if they did not talk...   

aaah cringe!

When I made friends with the wrong person, and we had a falling out because she turned out to be a psycho, and she then proceeded to post our entire IM history into local chat at the venue we both frequented. It included some personal information I would not have wanted to share in local chat. No idea if the AR I made resulted in any consequences. Taught me to be more cautious, anyway.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I was in Humblebrag wearing a maid outfit. I was talking to one of my friends and my character was facing away from him. My character has an AO that makes them bend over to cycle their back and arm servos (robot) every so often. Imagine my red face when I panned my camera and realized I was flashing my friend this entire time while we were casually chatting because there was no underwear...

• Haha 7

Most embarrassing moment was when i used to date a "married" woman in SL some years back and there a bug at that time that turned on SLvoice on it's own. So we were sitting at our nice and cozy SL home, chatting and playing skippo etc with 6-7 friends and she told us that she had to go 'cook for a while'.

Instead of cooking, she made love in the living room with her husband and we were all listening to them without her knowing it.

(**needless to say i met her in RL too. ahh the good old days)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

When I made friends with the wrong person, and we had a falling out because she turned out to be a psycho, and she then proceeded to post our entire IM history into local chat at the venue we both frequented. It included some personal information I would not have wanted to share in local chat. No idea if the AR I made resulted in any consequences. Taught me to be more cautious, anyway.

Jesus Christ! You really never know who you're talking to do you? I haven't met any crazies yet luckily 😶

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

Most embarrassing moment was when i used to date a "married" woman in SL some years back and there a bug at that time that turned on SLvoice on it's own. So we were sitting at our nice and cozy SL home, chatting and playing skippo etc with 6-7 friends and she told us that she had to go 'cook for a while'.

Instead of cooking, she made love in the living room with her husband and we were all listening to them without her knowing it.

(**needless to say i met her in RL too. ahh the good old days)

poor husband!!! 😱

1 hour ago, technodos said:

I was in Humblebrag wearing a maid outfit. I was talking to one of my friends and my character was facing away from him. My character has an AO that makes them bend over to cycle their back and arm servos (robot) every so often. Imagine my red face when I panned my camera and realized I was flashing my friend this entire time while we were casually chatting because there was no underwear...

aaahahahaha

My most embarrassing moment actually took place on the SL forum in General Discussion some years ago.

There was a post that seemed to be about a talented designer and merchant who had closed their SL store and people were saying how sad it was. So I replied that some well known club had also just closed down and how sad that was too. The next reply after mine explained that this talented designer had died in RL. Needless to say I felt very bad about my seemingly flippant comment but I had genuinely misunderstood the topic.

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Its been years ago, but till this day, I cringe when I think about it.

I always have voice turned off, but just like in Nicks story one day that feature turned itself on. I was in a (at that time) popular store for womens fashion. They had daily discounts on items, so you always had a couple of people hanging out. So I had an audiance to witness me "arguing" with my mom over lunch being ready (I was still living at home then and you know, mom cooks and you know, if you don't appear at the table in a split second for whatever reason, the next call gets shouted a bit louder and I replied equally annoyed). They all laughed at me.

I didn't log in for two days after that and was paranoid for a while.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Biggest embarassement for me was when I became Fallen Goddess 2019, and I missed my own announcement, basically.

I've been there and participated for years, but the one year I win, I went braindead and was like "Oh, it's just voting closes, no event or something to turn up to" - when it always has been votes closing AND announcement party. So yeah, lol. I've been known as Fallen Dense 2019 for a time tue to that, lol. Good times!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The typical SL moment of speaking in Chat what was meant for IM...

I'm a member of the group "Oops, Wrong Window" for good reason. My most recent was to comment to @Scylla Rhiadra in IM about a woman at a venue we visited.

"Look, that woman by the door is thinner than the cigarette she's smoking".

Of course I actually said that in public chat, and immediately set myself on fire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

So I was talking to a RL friend in a messaging client outside SL while within SL, I was in a Roleplay-sim.

In the Roleplay, I was typing for a non-player-character (I was a moderator) who’d been blackmailed into seducing someone by Very Bad People.

Just about the time I was posting the big “close the deal” line (suggestive would be putting it mildly) - I was stricken by WWS (Wrong Window Syndrome)

I ended up laying probably the most graphic suggestion I’ve ever thought up in my LIFE on my unsuspecting RL friend…..

Awkwardness ensued…….

Yes, that was embarrassing……

image.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Amanda Crisp said:

So I was talking to a RL friend in a messaging client outside SL while within SL, I was in a Roleplay-sim.

In the Roleplay, I was typing for a non-player-character (I was a moderator) who’d been blackmailed into seducing someone by Very Bad People.

Just about the time I was posting the big “close the deal” line (suggestive would be putting it mildly) - I was stricken by WWS (Wrong Window Syndrome)

I ended up laying probably the most graphic suggestion I’ve ever thought up in my LIFE on my unsuspecting RL friend…..

Awkwardness ensued…….

image.gif

Nooooooo 

I was dancing at Frank's Elite and got the bright idea to add or remove something from my outfit. Don't even remember what. Gloves or something, who knows. But my finger slipped and I accidentally took off my entire dress and flashed the whole place. I got it back on quickly enough that I didn't get yelled at for breaking the dress code, thank goodness. Naked avis happen so often that I hope everyone else just thought they were lagging!

• Like 3

On 2/14/2022 at 9:40 PM, Istelathis said:

In London City, there is a little garbage can that will give you items if you click on it.  I decided to shuffle through it and was given a teddy bear that you can wear.  I wanted to see what it looked like, so I put it on and didn't see anything.  I noticed people were talking about a huge teddy bear running around the streets of London City, and when I zoomed out to see it I found it was me.  The bear was so big I did not know I was wearing it.   

"It might, or might not, have helped Anathema get a clear view of things if she'd been allowed to spot the very obvious reason why she couldn't see Adam's aura.

It was for the same reason that people in Trafalgar Square can't see England."

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Amanda Crisp said:

Awkwardness ensued…….

I am so sorry this happened to you! There is absolutely no way to recover from this. If you try to explain to your friend that you meant that text for someone else in a game you were playing, they will

• Be hurt because you didn't, after all, want them, in the amorous sense, and
  • Even if they didn't reciprocate, they will be hurt because you didn't care enough about them to give them your full attention, but played games with others on the side.

(I hope your friend forgave you, though!)

(This is why I try not to multitask. I am so prone to this sort of mixup.)

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.