Most embarrassing SL moment

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It was week one for me. Stood in a sandbox with a delivery box on my foot instead of the shoe i thought i'd bought. Anyway this lovely lass took great pity on me, helped me out, and asked for a kiss goodnight some hours later. Happily I obliged. Four months later i was informed my soul had been taken and it cost me 600 $L for a potion to get it back. I had been bit by a vampire. Lool!

• Like 5

I know I've told this one before here, but there was the time when I put on a new outfit -- boots, trench coat, and applier (I think) jeans and top to go shopping at an event. What I didn't realize, because I didn't stop to look at myself from the front, is that for some reason the body layers with the jeans and top were hidden.

The result was that I spent about a half hour wandering around an event wearing an open trench coat and knee-high boots . . . and nothing else.

At least it was a trench coat. How appropriate was that?

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I know I've told this one before here, but there was the time when I put on a new outfit -- boots, trench coat, and applier (I think) jeans and top to go shopping at an event. What I didn't realize, because I didn't stop to look at myself from the front, is that for some reason the body layers with the jeans and top were hidden.

The result was that I spent about a half hour wandering around an event wearing an open trench coat and knee-high boots . . . and nothing else.

I like it, but surely that's not your most embarrassing SL moment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Oh, and here's an embarrassing moment waiting to happen. I haven't actually done this yet, but it's inevitable that I will, eventually.

About 40% of my outfits employ Maitreya's "Petite" add-on. The add-on is designed, of course, to hide the regular Maitreya chest when you add it. But, when you have the Petite add-on saved as part of an outfit, it doesn't always load after the body, but sometimes before, which means that the regular Maitreya chest doesn't get hidden, and is sticking out through the Petite, and whatever clothing (which is of course rigged for the smaller-chested Petite) you're wearing.

Now, add to that the fact that my boob size slider is set to 43 for my regular Maitreya outfits, and 70 for when I'm wearing Petite . . . and the result it that I'll sometimes have these HUGE Zeppelin-like boobs poking out of my tops or dresses because the add-on didn't load in the proper order.

Fortunately, I've always remembered to check before going out in public after putting on an outfit designed for Petite. But, of course, I generally can't tell from behind: I have to swing my camera around to be sure.

And one day, I AM going to TP to a busy club or event, blissfully unaware that I'm flashing super-inflated whale-sized mammaries at all and sundry.

I'll be sure to post pics when that happens.

Or, if Maddy is with me when it happens, she will.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Typos!
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I am so sorry this happened to you! There is absolutely no way to recover from this. If you try to explain to your friend that you meant that text for someone else in a game you were playing, they will

• Be hurt because you didn't, after all, want them, in the amorous sense, and
  • Even if they didn't reciprocate, they will be hurt because you didn't care enough about them to give them your full attention, but played games with others on the side.

(I hope your friend forgave you, though!)

(This is why I try not to multitask. I am so prone to this sort of mixup.)

The “…and what happened next” on this was quite life changing 🙂

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

213ECAF6-D09C-4CED-A482-EFB5CD70BCA4.jpeg

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, rasterscan said:

It was week one for me. Stood in a sandbox with a delivery box on my foot instead of the shoe i thought i'd bought. Anyway this lovely lass took great pity on me, helped me out, and asked for a kiss goodnight some hours later. Happily I obliged. Four months later i was informed my soul had been taken and it cost me 600 $L for a potion to get it back. I had been bit by a vampire. Lool!

That's mad! Can people really do that?

23 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

That's mad! Can people really do that?

There was an RP game called Bloodlines which was massively played back in those days (probably still around) and of course like any other RP it  had no actual effect on your SL and avatar (or RL..) , only an entry in that games database that your avatar had been bitten / was in limbo etc. People used to RP  a lot back in those days. i remember getting a message that some random avatar was pregnant with my child and would give birth on a specific date unless we go to the abortion clinic blah blah.. SL used to be fun.. shopping was secondary.

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

There was an RP game called Bloodlines which was massively played back in those days (probably still around) and of course like any other RP it  had no actual effect on your SL and avatar (or RL..) , only an entry in that games database that your avatar had been bitten / was in limbo etc. People used to RP  a lot back in those days. i remember getting a message that some random avatar was pregnant with my child and would give birth on a specific date unless we go to the abortion clinic blah blah.. SL used to be fun.. shopping was secondary.

You don't think it's fun anymore? Maybe you just haven't found the right group of people. I hope you find your groove soon xxx

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh, and here's an embarrassing moment waiting to happen. I haven't actually done this yet, but it's inevitable that I will, eventually.

About 40% of my outfits employ Maitreya's "Petite" add-on. The add-on is designed, of course, to hide the regular Maitreya chest when you add it. But, when you have the Petite add-on saved as part of an outfit, it doesn't always load after the body, but sometimes before, which means that the regular Maitreya chest doesn't get hidden, and is sticking out through the Petite, and whatever clothing (which is of course rigged for the smaller-chested Petite) you're wearing.

Now, add to that the fact that my boob size slider is set to 43 for my regular Maitreya outfits, and 70 for when I'm wearing Petite . . . and the result it that I'll sometimes have these HUGE Zeppelin-like boobs poking out of my tops or dresses because the add-on didn't load in the proper order.

Fortunately, I've always remembered to check before going out in public after putting on an outfit designed for Petite. But, of course, I generally can't tell from behind: I have to swing my camera around to be sure.

And one day, I AM going to TP to a busy club or event, blissfully unaware that I'm flashing super-inflated whale-sized mammaries at all and sundry.

I'll be sure to post pics when that happens.

Or, if Maddy is with me when it happens, she will.

Why mess with swinging your cam around when you can go into appearance?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Maybe you just haven't found the right group of people.

Well i tried.. honestly i did.. but seems like all that people wanted from me was to exploit my mesh body in order to satisfy their sexual desires.. so eventually i gave up and isolated myself on my sky platform reading about the life of Gautama Buddha.

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Aytime this happens when I log back into SL. This is the PG version, I'm in the panda costume... taken last year, a few days after I signed on to SL. April 19, 2021.

(Being a nomad I usually TP back to an adult hub before logging off, but sometimes I'm too lazy or tired to do so.)

P@ndaGurl-SL-reentry-WHOA-wtf-LOL.jpg

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, JeromFranzic said:

Aytime this happens when I log back into SL. This is the PG version, I'm in the panda costume... taken last year, a few days after I signed on to SL. April 19, 2021.

(Being a nomad I usually TP back to an adult hub before logging off, but sometimes I'm too lazy or tired to do so.)

I was looking for something from South Park and... well, this happened.

panda-rage.gif

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/15/2022 at 4:28 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

I'm a member of the group "Oops, Wrong Window" for good reason. My most recent was to comment to @Scylla Rhiadra in IM about a woman at a venue we visited.

"Look, that woman by the door is thinner than the cigarette she's smoking".

Of course I actually said that in public chat, and immediately set myself on fire.

I thought that group was the one I started, but it's not. I started "Oops, sorry ...... Wrong window!" some years ago, completely unaware until I read your post that there's another group of similar name. Maybe it started after mine, maybe it was there already !!!  I suppose the unique selling point of my group is that it's for those who are genuinely sorry that they posted in the wrong window whereas the other group might cater for those who simply wish to point out they posted in the wrong window without feeling any remorse ! 😁

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Why mess with swinging your cam around when you can go into appearance?

Oh, I have the default "T-pose" and camera swing turned off for Appearance mode, because I occasionally go into it when posing for a photo (usually to adjust my shape slightly).

30 minutes ago, Conifer Dada said:

I thought that group was the one I started, but it's not. I started "Oops, sorry ...... Wrong window!" some years ago, completely unaware until I read your post that there's another group of similar name. Maybe it started after mine, maybe it was there already !!!  I suppose the unique selling point of my group is that it's for those who are genuinely sorry that they posted in the wrong window whereas the other group might cater for those who simply wish to point out they posted in the wrong window without feeling any remorse ! 😁

I don't feel remorse for every wrong window posting. They are accidents, often completely innocent, and sometimes enjoyed by all.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Well i tried.. honestly i did.. but seems like all that people wanted from me was to exploit my mesh body in order to satisfy their sexual desires.. so eventually i gave up and isolated myself on my sky platform reading about the life of Gautama Buddha.

Lol was Skype or the webcam broken that day?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JeromFranzic said:

I'm mostly impressed that someone managed to figure out SLex and find someone to have it with whilst still wearing "Lady with Hat and Purse Dog."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.