Why, why, why do clothing makers make HUDs with big transparent parts surrounding the actual visible HUD?

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A lot of HUDS have "pages" (for lack of a better word) that you can flip to. As an example, a lot of hair HUDs have sections you can go to that switches the styles or allows you to tint. Those areas are the transparent areas you see when you are not using those sections. When you click for those sections of the HUD, the HUD rotates around and the section you saw as transparent is now what you see. I hope I am making sense?

You can click on your HUD and go into edit and rotate it and see what those parts are.

I am a minimalist and do not like HUDs all over my screen so I take them all off until I need them. I use Firestorm and place them in the favorite wearables box so I have quick access to them when needed.

Edited by Mercedes Avon
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

A lot of HUDS have "pages" (for lack of a better word) that you can flip to. As an example, a lot of hair HUDs have sections you can go to that switches the styles or allows you to tint. Those areas are the transparent areas you see when you are not using those sections. When you click for those sections of the HUD, the HUD rotates around and the section you saw as transparent is now what you see. I hope I am making sense?

You can click on your HUD and go into edit and rotate it and see what those parts are.

I am a minimalist and do not like HUDs all over my screen so I take them all off until I need them. I use Firestorm and place them in the favorite wearables box so I have quick access to them when needed.

FAVORITE WEARABLES BOX!?

Just now, Bowlslaw said:

FAVORITE WEARABLES BOX!?

There's a folder in inventory or a button you can put at the bottom called FAVORITE WEARABLES. Its a great.place to put body/head HUDS or any HUD you often use but don't need on 24/7.  Genitals and their HUDs.  Dance HUDs.  I kept a nail coloring HUD in there.  It's a lot easier than rummaging through inventory to find it.

• Like 5

@Jennifer Boyle The simple answer is the designer doesn't know any better. So, lack of knowledge on their part.

Many HUDs are made using the basic prim cube. Each page of the HUD can be one of the cubes faces. To change pages the script rotates the cube to put a new face toward the screen. The script can even resize the cube as it changes page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

You can find it in the toolbar buttons area of Firestorm. I drag it to my bar and when you click on it, it brings up a box where you can drag over things you want to have quick and easy access to.

I can't get by without this feature. That, and the built in AO one as well, make FS my choice. No HUDs on my screen, nope!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

There's a folder in inventory or a button you can put at the bottom called FAVORITE WEARABLES. Its a great.place to put body/head HUDS or any HUD you often use but don't need on 24/7.  Genitals and their HUDs.  Dance HUDs.  I kept a nail coloring HUD in there.  It's a lot easier than rummaging through inventory to find it.

100% Absolutely! I dont remember when Firestorm added this feature 2018 maybe? but its a game changer! I store all my most common HUDs there for head/body/sailing/driving/posing... Basically any HUD I use a lot but dont need taking up real estate on my screen when not needed. 👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I can't get by without this feature. That, and the built in AO one as well, make FS my choice. No HUDs on my screen, nope!

I do not like HUDs on my screen unless I am using them. I also use Firestorm's built in AO feature. Leaving off the AO HUDs reduces my scripts and since everything is no-mod these days, it is often the only way to reduce down.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.