to marry an alt`s is always to waiting for the departed

Enola2017

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

well most people i found here want todo roleplay,

or be nice because they want invite you to their sim

IMG_20220125_113133.jpg

I guess it depends where you go, too.  I'm pretty sure I've met more people though, in 13 years than you have in a little over a month.  Just sayin'.

Most people answering that question didn't say RP.  They said making friends, building, exploring.  Even Torley Linden answered saying he'd met his wife on Second Life.  

There ARE people that use SL purely as an RP 'game'.  I'd still say it's the minority as.shown by the number of empty RP regions.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mr Amore said:

It's not you @Enola2017, it's the game.

Everything happens faster in SL and people get an emotional rush from meeting someone new, seducing and carrying them towards the ultimate goal of virtual marriage. Once they cross that line it's no longer a challenge, but a chore to login and be with that person.

The challenge for you is not expecting too much from SL.

I've known multiple people in this game who were waiting on their absent partner for 4+ years. This isn't loyalty, it's an unhealthy fixation which burned 4 years of their lives.

Yes, I agree with this statement. It's very intrusive. Also because when I make a promise (any) I want to fulfill it (wait in this case) or get an answer - why)) When I broke up the partnership - I felt like a traitor. (And suddenly - a person was put in jail, he fell ill, he got into trouble) On the other hand, I hoped, what if the person is fine? (he found a new job, went to a better place to live, got married?) The question is - why do they not feel responsible and do not tell - they say, go like you (I will not come, because there is no explanation, just break the partnership) What a perversion ? In any case - it turned out that having overcome the RL problems - they returned and played with other women (or men) is not important. Conclusions - not trusting and not deepening, just friendship. And my rule is I don't sleep with my friends. Perfect solution))

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I guess it depends where you go, too.  I'm pretty sure I've met more people though, in 13 years than you have in a little over a month.  Just sayin'.

Most people answering that question didn't say RP.  They said making friends, building, exploring.  Even Torley Linden answered saying he'd met his wife on Second Life.  

There ARE people that use SL purely as an RP 'game'.  I'd still say it's the minority as.shown by the number of empty RP regions.

So, most people write in the profile - learn, communicate, explore (with close acquaintance - have fun, have fun, RP) have fun from the content - have fun and light up. I still dreamed of SL with my family. failed) I cherished all my husbands very much. They are all good people, pleasant and as far as possible - sincere (as it seemed to them), when a man says - I love - it is true at this very moment (not to be confused with eternity, lol) And they are all very generous - both financially and morally. I wish I had so much investment in my own avatar and all these houses and sims - I wouldn't leave it all) LOL (actually I've been fishing since my early days - only fishing has changed - there are a lot of them) Always enough for the necessary and without the help of someone else. The last husband said not to put on the old scenery of the relationship - he is simply forced to leave. And he asked me to wait. he's been gone for six months. (therefore, since my affairs are not so good - I thought, this line of the partner does not bother me. If only it were not for the questions of others)

• Like 1

Since we are talking about Second Life (MMORPG/Online World) i would suggest when someone tells you 'i love you/etc', better wait until at least they give you their RL telephone number and then you can start making whatever dreams about long-term SL family stuff together. We are all total strangers to each other looking for different things so just take it easy. (and don't take SL profiles seriously, words are only words)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Paulsian said:

Once I was in a public place, just observing and a boy messaged me for lindens to purchase his gf the ring she wanted. I replied, "wouldn't you rather build her a ring", He replied something like "I don't have that kind of time" I thought he was charming, I helped with funding and wished him good luck.

If I was ever in that situation, I would build a ring for my partner.

One of the previous posters mentioned that it's better to have meaningful friendships, I agree.

Second Life is an extremely lonely place, eventually we all condition ourselves to tolerate the loneliness and embrace it.

I have have never experienced loneliness in SL, so I don't understand.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

they do not understand what is roleplay about,

it means drama , fake .

same like you are into one clan and the other month switch side to enemy clan.

or create alt, to spy other guild .

I have met people like that. They have all ended up ejected from my island and from the group. Region banned,  unfriended and blocked. I had one person it had to eject three times in a row as Swallow. After the second time I got upset and pulled a glock (my Island greeter clearly tells all not to enter unless they accept the possibility of being attacked). Hitting region ban did the trick most effectively. I am sure they would have returned a fourth time had it not been for the ban.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 23.01.2022 at 22:44, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Прочитав столько слащавых профилей, в которых говорится о вечной любви и преданности друг другу, я никогда не перестаю думать - это их альтернатива. ржу не могу

Интересно, каков процент этих "партнерских" и "женатых" аватаров с их альт.

I fish a lot and now I understand - that's why they also believe that I'm marrying the characters I created!!! but it is not. not mine - someone else's and not real. and it's impossible to prove it. you become paranoid) by the way today I see that even the "voodoo" check almost banned me. interesting for what? I don't play Alt

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2022 at 6:22 AM, Enola2017 said:

I'm never sure who gets to know you)) We say - then love arises - and a partner - sometimes it's a marriage in SL. carefully reading the profile - you notice little is said, or a person has been in the SL for a long time - and there are few places or interests) but it’s good with a person - this is joy, and a smile, and even happy moments. especially when it's gifts, holidays, cozy conversations)) Sometimes it's talking on the phone))) The funniest thing is when you write truthfully about yourself, and your partner writes something very general - but loneliness is always present) And now the moment comes - your husband disappears. You wait and you wait - sometimes it is several months or a year. What's interesting is that your partner doesn't delete you - you're still married. It repeats and repeats. after the third failure, everyone thinks - Oh no, I've had enough. I even prioritized and tried to delineate personal boundaries - it did not help. You are alone and you feel - hell, but I didn’t want drama. Why? because your husbands are alts. I am also surprised that the husband leaves quietly and silently - does not remove the partner and does not explain his act. Three times is a lot. I am always looking for, and above all, a friend with whom I can talk about everything. talk. understand. rejoice or sympathize. What is wrong with me?? And at first the person absolutely coincides with my hopes and desires. Why don't they remove the partner and I have to wait?

Bless your heart.   Many of us had to find out the hard way,  SL is a very "tricky" place to have a relationship.  Some people are very successful at it;   but most are not.   

Most important thing of all,   don't take it personally.   You simply haven't met the right person.   There are a LOT of flaky - less than genuine - people behind some of those avatar (alts),   and they forget, or do not care that they hurt people.   To them it's just a game.   

Best of luck to you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2022 at 11:22 PM, Enola2017 said:

I'm never sure who gets to know you)) We say - then love arises - and a partner - sometimes it's a marriage in SL. carefully reading the profile - you notice little is said, or a person has been in the SL for a long time - and there are few places or interests) but it’s good with a person - this is joy, and a smile, and even happy moments. especially when it's gifts, holidays, cozy conversations)) Sometimes it's talking on the phone))) The funniest thing is when you write truthfully about yourself, and your partner writes something very general - but loneliness is always present) And now the moment comes - your husband disappears. You wait and you wait - sometimes it is several months or a year. What's interesting is that your partner doesn't delete you - you're still married. It repeats and repeats. after the third failure, everyone thinks - Oh no, I've had enough. I even prioritized and tried to delineate personal boundaries - it did not help. You are alone and you feel - hell, but I didn’t want drama. Why? because your husbands are alts. I am also surprised that the husband leaves quietly and silently - does not remove the partner and does not explain his act. Three times is a lot. I am always looking for, and above all, a friend with whom I can talk about everything. talk. understand. rejoice or sympathize. What is wrong with me?? And at first the person absolutely coincides with my hopes and desires. Why don't they remove the partner and I have to wait?

web_5d865f22289dd249a7000001 (1).jpg

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I suffer a lot from one side attachments, probably because of my childhood. For my own mental health, I draw a line in SL so that my RL doesn't become immeshed. Still an issue though. Because traits that make you successful in RL when brought into online activities can be disastrous to your RL. For example, I become really obsessed with things until I'm good at them. So I have to stay away from gaming or gambling and such and focus on RL business ventures instead. This same trait has made me a successful businessman in RL, but if I didn't discipline myself, I would probably live in my parents house and play games all day. As for relationships, I only give my time to people who treat me like I have value to them. If I feel they're pulling away, I just let them go. It's very painful for me. I have amazing friendships in RL. If I fall on hard times, they are the ones who will visit me in hospital, do business networking etc. On the other hand, I have a very beautiful and pure friendship in SL. I feel like our souls meet there. It's deep, beautiful and ethereal. I love it. The relationships are just different though. I don't think you should marry someone on SL unless you are in a relationship in RL too. Just my opinion.

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2022 at 5:18 AM, Rowan Amore said:

It's not happened to me either.  I've only heard the stories.  The OP did say, "after the 3rd failure" so I guess it happens to some more than others?

I'm feeling a bit left out. Why has nobody proposed to me yet? I've been here 2 months already and taken sexy pics with my detachable p3nis and everything 🙃 😭

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

I'm feeling a bit left out. Why has nobody proposed to me yet? I've been here 2 months already and taken sexy pics with my detachable p3nis and everything 🙃 😭

Consider yourself lucky!  

• Haha 2

On 1/24/2022 at 11:30 PM, Ayeleeon said:

This too, maybe they like RPing falling in love better than being in love. I had a cousin who experienced this in RL, he met a girl, they fell in love got engaged and got married. Two months later she left him and got a divorce. When he asked her why, she told him that catching him was exciting but once they were married it was boring. If someone can do that on RL you know it happens in SL

Sounds like a narcissist 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.