Taking Candid photo (non nude)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, Doris Johnsky said:

In the spirit of politeness, it would thoroughly piss me off if you didn't ask me first. 

I understand the concept, I just don't agree with your premise.

You are free to disagree and be pissed when not asked. I am curious what you think being pissed will accomplish?

12 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

pls closed the thread, I found many disagree so I will not do it.

I saw only one person disagree and only then, if the purpose of the photo was to ridicule the person being photographed. Of course if that was your intention - yeah don't do it.

Honestly, though, I think taking candid snapshots of people whose avatars are striking, unusual or creative, is a fine idea. I especially like the idea of wearing an actual camera and using it as a conversation-starter in public places.

It's a shame that the Paparazzi group on Flickr isn;t better-moderated.

• Like 5

On 1/19/2022 at 7:00 AM, Kalegthepsionicist said:

I mean photo in  crowded area,

such at pub, while other dancong, and there are people drinking, chatting,

There was a German bar I used to go to a long time ago where EVERYONE took photos. We'd upload them to Flickr. It's nice if you find a bar or club where people have similar interests. But for your own use, diary, memories, you can take whatever screenshots/photos you want. No one would know or object to that. If you look around these forums you'll also see group photos from events. Again I think all who go to such events are fine about photographs being taken. I used to race as a giant snail (!) and it was not unusual to be photographed while racing or as a spectator; the giant snail races were even filmed and televised for a Second Life TV company.  Don't give up just yet, if this is what you want to do.

Ohhh and Hippiestock! I hear it is going to be the final Hippiestock event this year. Now that's a great place to take photos!

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 7:00 AM, Kalegthepsionicist said:

I mean photo in  crowded area,

such at pub, while other dancong, and there are people drinking, chatting,

Nothing wrong with that, in fact I did just that, at a birthday party this week. To be fair I wouldn't have thought to take pics at all, but someone else mentioned that they had tried to and failed due to the lag.  <== that right there will probably be your biggest hurdle to taking snapshots in crowded places. 

Also at the place where I host a weekly event, it's been a longstanding tradition of taking a snapshot of everyone present, compiling all the pics into a collage and posting the collage to the venue's group the following day. Part of my role as a host there is taking the snapshots and making the collage. I post bigger versions up on my flickr; here's an example;

51795204424_28886ea0b2_b.jpg

It's difficult to take pics of people dancing, often they end up in derpy poses and you just have to keep trying until they look  a bit less derpy. Couples are particularly difficult because you can rarely get both faces in view at the same time. (See above, top row left). Some dances work better than others (top row, second from left). I'll often try to grab a snapshot right as they arrive before they even start dancing at all.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Ohhh and Hippiestock! I hear it is going to be the final Hippiestock event this year. Now that's a great place to take photos!

The last HippieStock was in 2021.

Here's the original snapshot from the first one...
1156974070_HippieStockBigOriginal.thumb.jpg.4dfd6daff10d45350882eab804005a3c.jpg

This is after adding lot of people who posed for me in Maryanne Solo's photo booth so I could edit them in. A few of us are still around...
HippiestockBigLabels2.thumb.jpeg.2ba331d3738483a13202dde95f902aa5.jpeg

Keli Kyrie once posted a photo of herself in an empty church....
Church1.png.f3b44ba4a2aa4e448a59af03afd2cf5c.png

She looked so alone. Those of us with photoshop skills added ourselves and others, resulting in this...
churchbig.thumb.jpg.fd06af84832bf2b7770a4521976bcec7.jpg

I turned the progression into an animated gallery photo, so people could see others arrive, one by one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

The last HippieStock was in 2021.

Here's the original snapshot from the first one...
1156974070_HippieStockBigOriginal.thumb.jpg.4dfd6daff10d45350882eab804005a3c.jpg

This is after adding lot of people who posed for me in Maryanne Solo's photo booth so I could edit them in. A few of us are still around...
HippiestockBigLabels2.thumb.jpeg.2ba331d3738483a13202dde95f902aa5.jpeg

Keli Kyrie once posted a photo of herself in an empty church....
Church1.png.f3b44ba4a2aa4e448a59af03afd2cf5c.png

She looked so alone. Those of us with photoshop skills added ourselves and others, resulting in this...
churchbig.thumb.jpg.fd06af84832bf2b7770a4521976bcec7.jpg

I turned the progression into an animated gallery photo, so people could see others arrive, one by one.

Thanks, Maddie. Amazing to see those photos again. I did save them to a USB stick somewhere at my brother's house. Everyone looked so very different, and I can remember a lot of the names (not all!). I can see you there, naked apart from the barrel you're wearing.  Darling Suella next to Stormee. I hope Suella is doing good wherever she may be now. I think of her every time I eat cheese! 

(Edited to add: I just looked more closely and am giggling away like a fool at the fact you included Our Lady of the Perpetual Silence too.)

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.