LIPS are to big

Shan SpiritWeaver

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You should edit your shape and concentrate on the lip fullness and lip thickness in the mouth section till you get a get a size you're happy with. Be sure to test all the face animations in the heads HUD to make sure the teeth don't poke through the jaw/chin/top lip you may need to adjust the under/overbite jut in the chin area or make the lip size a little bigger

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

You should edit your shape and concentrate on the lip fullness and lip thickness in the mouth section till you get a get a size you're happy with. Be sure to test all the face animations in the heads HUD to make sure the teeth don't poke through the jaw/chin/top lip you may need to adjust the under/overbite jut in the chin area or make the lip size a little bigger

I spent a lot of time getting my lips how I like them without teeth poking through. Still a bit puckery tho.

• Like 1

I think most mesh heads default to lips that are too full for me. Try taking both the fullness and thickness down little by little, and don't go under 20 for either. Taking the slider numbers too far from 50 may mess up how your lips will look, such as showing your teeth when you don't want them to show. You can also play with the lip width and corner of mouth curve to see what that does to your lip shape. I like to set lips for females at 60 to 65 for a slight smile, but for males 50 to 60 looks better.

For makeup and skins, those that are made specifically for your mesh head will work best. You may be able to work with a smudgy eyeshadow from a BOM makeup layer that wasn't made for that head, but lipstick that doesn't match your lip outline will never look great. If you don't have lipstick made for your lips, check out Trend or other makeup stores for their group gifts, store credit gifts, and sales. Also try using the lipsticks in your Head HUD and lowing their opacity, so they blend softly onto the lip texture on your skin. For eyes on LeLeutka at least, I've found BOM layers go under applier layers, so you can blend eye makeup this way too. Lower the opacity of the applier layer to blend it softly onto your skin and BOM layers, or leave it at full opacity to get a stronger, sharper applier layer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You have a new Catwa Pro head.  I don't think your old tattoo and BOM makeups are designed for this new head.  I think you'll need to find BOM makeups made specially for the Catwa Pro.

Okay, I'm guessing.  I have a LeLutka EvoX and it uses different maps than regular Evo.  I thought Catwa was the same with the Pro.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

You have a new Catwa Pro head.  I don't think your old tattoo and BOM makeups are designed for this new head.  I think you'll need to find BOM makeups made specially for the Catwa Pro.

Okay, I'm guessing.  I have a LeLutka EvoX and it uses different maps than regular Evo.  I thought Catwa was the same with the Pro.

Not sure specifically about Catwa but with EvoX, you can still use most lipstick and eyeshadow HD appliers made for Evo.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

BOM/Tattoo layer makeups will work on Catwa HDPRO but if they are made for old Catwa heads, they may not fit perfectly around the lips and eye corners. The reason is that Catwa used to  use their own UV map, but the HDPRO heads use the standard UV. There isn't much that's made specifically for HDPRO but you'll find that anything made for Genus will be a good fit. Of course this will be for BOM only makeup, which is not "HD".  (High Definition). If you're looking for HD makeup, you'll need it specific for HDPRO.

But I've had my HD Pro head for a year and never once bothered with HD makeup.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Maitimo said:

BOM/Tattoo layer makeups will work on Catwa HDPRO but if they are made for old Catwa heads, they may not fit perfectly around the lips and eye corners. The reason is that Catwa used to  use their own UV map, but the HDPRO heads use the standard UV. There isn't much that's made specifically for HDPRO but you'll find that anything made for Genus will be a good fit. Of course this will be for BOM only makeup, which is not "HD".  (High Definition). If you're looking for HD makeup, you'll need it specific for HDPRO.

Same on last statement, though find BOM Catwa make up by MJN fit fine on my HDPro head.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2022 at 12:26 AM, Maitimo said:

^ This is great to know. Now I can delete my Catwa Freya head, old Catwa skins & makeup, and just keep my Queen HDPRO head, skins & makeup. I'm using LeLutka Evo now, but I like to keep a few other heads & skins just in case. Any new knowledge that helps me reduce my Inventory is good. 🙂

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

^ This is great to know. Now I can delete my Catwa Freya head, old Catwa skins & makeup, and just keep my Queen HDPRO head, skins & makeup. I'm using LeLutka Evo now, but I like to keep a few other heads & skins just in case. Any new knowledge that helps me reduce my Inventory is good. 🙂

Yes, Queen is the one I have too and I love it. I have Catwa Freya and Margeaux, both gathering dust in my inventory.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Yes, Queen is the one I have too and I love it. I have Catwa Freya and Margeaux, both gathering dust in my inventory.

I have Catwa Kathy and Ameilia gathering dust so feel your pain but still have skins for them and at least know can wear make up for them if I want to return to them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.