BLOCKING/ MUTING DOES NOTHING

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Your right Aeris blocking is pointless when the griefers have 10 different alts for every day of the week .

Join the party - list every name and slag them off in your profile , in public , accept you will be banned from every sim they find you in so don't bother being polite . Get banned for a reason .

Hang on i need to take a chill pill .

Right ..........

Don't do what i did out of a stupid stubborn refusal to be run out by no life dweebs .

Its a no win situation , If it was a competition of some kind then they failed and i lost .

I should have quit . Maybe then I could have returned sometime later with a new name and found the fun again .

Instead i learned to hate , took me a long time to recognize i was letting hate consume me , but once i did it wasn't hard to beat .

Trouble is there is nothing on the other side of it . Everyone is an alt and not worth a second thought , which makes the first thought kind of pointless , and SL is a bit like watching TV with the sound turned off .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

If someone is griefing you and they don't stop you need to remove yourself from the situation

This ☝︎

A few weeks ago I read such a thread where an account complained that his favorite sandbox had been invaded by a gang of trolls bothering him.
He blocked them all but rightly they could continue to interact with the physical world around him influencing his experience.
Well man, this is the metaverse and not FB or Twitter and you can't do anything about it.
As @Sam1 Bellisserian says you only have two options. Either you report and get them all banned or you get out of that situation. I want to add that in my opinion most of the time if you find yourself in such a situation there will be a reason.

22 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Block Mute and Derender its a triple bypass operation for complete sucess

Yes, that more or less helps with one person or with small group for short time. If you deal with real evil troll - that isnt much help. You can report but reaction to your report is slow, sometimes takes weeks. Moving itself from situation aka tp out helps but hurts your SL experience badly. If you are newbie and you have only one or two places where you log.... and those places are invaded by trolls/griefers - that makes you log off and never come back. Has happened to many people. Solution to this is hard to find but at least newbies should have some kind protection against trolls/griefers until they learn to defend itself better.

Other point is - hiding people on events to prevent some lagg. FS has that option, SLO doesnt. I think it is time to add that function to official browser. If FS can do it it is possible.

SLO lacks many other good functions, reason why majority changes from it to FS.  FS isnt perfect too, it has its own flaws but why not learn from itse good points and better SLO?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.