STOP IT 🛑 ✋🏻

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For the love of <insert random deity>. Please ****ing STOP listing events in the official Second Life events feed that aren’t actual events. Your spammy work/employment/hiring/looking-for/store/product/land-listing/scripting-service/whatever bull**** is not an event. 

How to guarantee that I will NEVER use/buy/visit/hire whatever you’re trying to push: Listing it as an event when it’s not in fact an event. - That’s what classifieds are for. Events aren’t classifieds for you to use to spam your ****. STOP IT! Event listings are for actual EVENTS. Thanks. 

Please only put an event on the events calendar when it is an actual event! FFS!

Related: Dear Linden Lab, please hire an event listing moderator. Please for the love of <insert random deity>.

Edited by davidventer
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, davidventer said:

For the love of <insert random deity>. Please ****ing STOP listing events in the official Second Life events feed that aren’t actual events. Your spammy work/employment/hiring/looking-for/store/product/land-listing/scripting-service/whatever bull**** is not an event. 

How to guarantee that I will NEVER use/buy/visit/hire whatever you’re trying to push: Listing it as an event when it’s not in fact an event. - That’s what classifieds are for. Events aren’t classifieds for you to use to spam your ****. STOP IT! Event listings are for actual EVENTS. Thanks. 

Please only put an event on the events calendar when it is an actual event! FFS!

Related: Dear Linden Lab, please hire an event listing moderator. Please for the love of <insert random deity>.

I'm not sure LL every looks at this sub-forum.

You can call their attention to the post using the '@':     @Linden Lab

I do agree that the Events really do need moderation.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Events needs an opverhaul .. I posted a JIRA about it a long while back and the idea seemed to be liked .. before it got put on the nevernever

The event system as it stands is garbage. There is no integration with the viewer and it's just a spammy promotional tool for places that seem to be having a permanent rolling event of some sort.

We need a system that favors the reader rather than the promoter, and we need a way to get that information on the readers screen in the viewer.

• Like 4

On 12/27/2021 at 1:24 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

Please for the love of <insert random deity>Madelaine McMasters.

Our mother who art in Second Life, Madelaine be thy name, thy comments come, thy edits done, on forums as it is in documents. Praise be! Blessed be the fruit. May the lord open.  Blessed Day 🙏🏻 

Edited by davidventer
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.