Calling All Koreans & Lovers Of Korean Culture!

JustOKGamers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

안녕하세요! --> Hello! 

I'm Sung-kyu (or Sunggyu) and I have an idea for a Korean-themed residential community.  Essentially, I would like to create a sim using both traditional and modern Korean architecture; I am thinking to use the traditional Hanok for residents' homes (see the attached pictures).   

By no means would this community be exclusive to just Korean people - all would be welcome! 

Of course, a majority of this idea is reliant on the availability of these types of buildings and materials within the SL marketplace and beyond.  I will try to address this issue by hiring on an SL architect... is that what they're called?  Anyway, we'll cross that bridge.

Right now, all I would like to do is gauge interest in this concept: would you or someone you know be interested in joining a Korean-themed residential  community in SL? 

Feedback and suggestions would be wonderful~ ^_^ 

another-example-of-a-hanok.jpg

30tmag-hanok-slide-0LOE-superJumbo.jpg

Hanok-06.jpg

• Like 4

Seems to me that you'd be competing with the Japanese-themed Linden Homes, which might make finding tenants a bit harder. (Yes, I know Japan is not Korea. But the architecture looks similar to Western eyes.) But nice, themed communities are always great to find in Second Life. Best of luck with your project!

16 hours ago, JustOKGamers said:

Of course, a majority of this idea is reliant on the availability of these types of buildings and materials within the SL marketplace and beyond.  I will try to address this issue by hiring on an SL architect... is that what they're called?  Anyway, we'll cross that bridge.

Oh I know I have seen buildings in S/L like the top photo and the third one. They should not be difficult to find on the Marketplace. 

The Korean traditional house has an ondol heated floor with the kitchen fire on one side and a chimney on the other as seen on the top photo. In Japan, no central heating at all or insulation. 

I read about this a long while ago. I love to learn about random things all the time.

I love Korean food. Mostly all the pickled stuff.

Edited by Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.