I hit "decline" rather than "keep" when my purchase was delivered.

CometBlaze

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i managed to hit "decline" rather than "keep" when receiving a jacket in-world that i bought on marketplace. is there any way of having the item redelivered?

Could i also add, what is the point of a "decline" button in this case?!

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

Hello. Open your Dashboard --> Shopping --> Marketplace --> My Marketplace --> My account --> Order History --> If you see that your last purchases delivered means that the merchant got payed --> Take a copy of your last purchases (there you see the name of the merchant also) --> Open your inventory --> create a New Notecard --> Paste there --> send the notecard to the merchant describing what was happened and asking politely for redelivery.

I don't quite know if this works, but some stores - probably most of them - have redilivery terminals. You could try to find one for the store you bought the items at, and see if you can use it. (I don't know if there is a connection between what is bought on the marketplace and what is available in the redilivery terminals)

If this does not work, you should follow LoveAngeL's advice.

- Luc -

"I don't quite know if this works, but some stores - probably most of them - have redilivery terminals. You could try to find one for the store you bought the items at, and see if you can use it. (I don't know if there is a connection between what is bought on the marketplace and what is available in the redilivery terminals)"

Unfortunately, that won't work for Marketplace purchases. Such redelivery terminals are available for inworld purchases from merchants who use scripted vendor systems, but not for the Marketplace.

There are obvious benefits to such a setup. However, there are downsides too. There's lag issues associated with heavily scripted vendor and redilvery systems. They are also not used by all merchants as, if they sell their items with transfer permissions, there is the risk of abuse with someone requesting redelivery to get a free extra copy to resell \ give away.

Having said all that, it really would be nice for some system to ease failed delivery issue on the marketplace. Perhaps a simple "request redelivery" button on purchase history that sent a request to the merchant who could then redeliver if necessary after checking it is a valid request? 

CometBlaze wrote:

Could i also add, what is the point of a "decline" button in this case?!

That "Decline" button is there whenever you are being given an item.  It may not seem to make much sense in this case, but it makes a lot of sense in general.  It's your protection against people who send you unwanted, perhaps dangerous objects, or just plain old spam.  Even in this case, you might be receiving a gift that someone else bought for you on Marketplace.  If you don't recognize the person who sent it and don't want to feel obligated by accepting the gift, the "Decline" button is your way out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.