White line around Genus Head

Bkmp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all. I am wearing a Genus head with BOM activated, and everything seems to work fine as far as the hair base and additional layers. However, when showing these layers on the head, there is a fine white line surrounding it, and I cannot remove it. Is there any way to fix this on a Genus Head? Any advice or help is appreciated. 

Edited by Bkmp

4 minutes ago, Bkmp said:

Hello all. I am wearing a Genus head with BOM activated, and everything seems to work fine as far as the hair base and additional layers. However, when showing these layers on the head, there is a fine white line surrounding it, and I cannot remove it. Is there any way to fix this on a Genus Head? Any advice or help is appreciated. 

Could you post a picture, please?

1 hour ago, Elise Banx said:

change your baldbase/eyebrow shaper, do not use the one that comes with the genus head. i was going almost

nuts before i figured out what the problem was when i wore genus.

Hi, thanks for responding. I changed the eyebrow shaper and the line is still there.  

Also could be one or more onions layers (that are still there even if you don't use them) set to alpha blending and glitching out with the hair. I haven't poked around Genus HUD for a while, but try to see in it if you can turn hairbase and/or tattoo layers of the head off or set it to alpha masking. 

• Like 2

Flexi hair uses semi-transparent textures and the layers on the Genus head probably have transparent textures too. When you have two semi transparent textures overlap each other they can alpha glitch which means the overlapping section, that thin line around your head, will turn transparent or flicker. 

i’m just guessing that because I don’t know what hair it is. But June’s suggestion above might work. Another fix is to wear a regular non-flexi hair.

• Like 3

If you are using an applier hair base with that hair, it will cause that alpha glitching you are seeing. If you are using BOM, it is likely what someone else mentioned here. It is your eyebrow shaper which is using an alpha. You can fix that by going into your eyebrow shaper and changing the transparent texture to blank, and then zero'ing out all the sliders.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.