Possible to take ownership of an abandoned group?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you mean a "disbanded" group, as far as I understand all the info from LL, it is gone forever. This happens automatically after 24 hours of a group having less than two members.

Tha " abandoned" group you refer to will only be revivable if it has at least two members (one of which will be the owner). As pointed out above, for you to become the owner, the existing owner needs to make you a co-owner to start with.

I have a feeling that the matter of a group's single owner mysteriously disappearing without trace has been discussed in the past in these forums. I'm sorry, I can't quickly find anything on that; Maybe somebody else can remember.

No land or group deeds. The group was started by a dear friend who left SL for health reasons, and, unfortunately, didn't make provisions for things like the groups he owned after his departure. I wanted to carry on his legacy, but I doubt that's sufficient reason for the Lindens to hand the group over. 

49 minutes ago, Owen Blaylock said:

No land or group deeds. The group was started by a dear friend who left SL for health reasons, and, unfortunately, didn't make provisions for things like the groups he owned after his departure. I wanted to carry on his legacy, but I doubt that's sufficient reason for the Lindens to hand the group over. 

it is possible but would involve your friend contacting Linden in the real world. Proofing their ownership of the account that established the group. Then asking for you to be made an owner of the group

if the owner account hasn't been cancelled then if you were able to contact the person in the real world, you may be able to work out between you how to login their account and add you as group owner

if you are unable to contact your friend in the real world then you are pretty out of luck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.