Help! Environment seems dimmer in Firestorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Awhile back I noticed that when I "Use Shared Environment" in "Environment" in Firestorm, everything seems considerably dimmer or darker.  If I choose "Midday" things look normal and bright but I want the day-night cycle.  I would just like to use the normal regional settings with the day-night cycles but not have everything look so dim and gloomy.   I think this happened when I last updated Firestorm 6.4.21.  If you have knowledge about this I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

Marz (Mar Scarmon)

Likely an EEP thing.  If you use shared environment then you have no power over how things look  -- unless you tweak with "Personal Lighting" choices ...You also don't get to set if there is  a day-night cycle.    THAT is set by the land owner.  If you are talking about MAINLAND parcels, some (maybe all) of those have issues with being too dark. The Lab is working on fixing that, but it has been awhile and I think it is still working badly.  You can set your own Day-Night cycles but then all properties will look the same -- either a good or bad thing depending on your point of view. 

it isn't a "Firestorm" issue by the way. 

This came up at Server User Group recently. A new default mainland environment is coming. When EEP was rolled out, the default mainland environment was too dim. There were no tools to change all the environments mainland-wide. Those tools are now  supposedly working, but the new default environment hasn't been pushed out yet.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 10/25/2021 at 10:06 AM, animats said:

This came up at Server User Group recently. A new default mainland environment is coming. When EEP was rolled out, the default mainland environment was too dim. There were no tools to change all the environments mainland-wide. Those tools are now  supposedly working, but the new default environment hasn't been pushed out yet.

We're still stuck on dim, six months later.

Some of what makes SL look dated and tired is simply that it's too dim.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I came across this thread looking for a way to use the Default mainland region environment settings for all altitudes on my parcel except for 2000z. What I discovered is that the new "Default" Days environment provided in the Library > Environment folder is a new, brighter Environment than mainland. And the old mainland windlight/Environment setting is no where to be found... not anywhere I've searched anyway. 😧 Does anyone know where to get the old mainland settings in EEP format? Don't get me wrong, I do like the new provided Environment more than the old Default, but what I don't like is driving from the mainland roads onto my parcel and seeing the windlight change so drastically. 😂 Thanks in advance for any leads on an Environment that matches the old mainland.

On 6/7/2022 at 10:28 AM, Ember Ember said:

I came across this thread looking for a way to use the Default mainland region environment settings for all altitudes on my parcel except for 2000z. What I discovered is that the new "Default" Days environment provided in the Library > Environment folder is a new, brighter Environment than mainland. And the old mainland windlight/Environment setting is no where to be found... not anywhere I've searched anyway. 😧 Does anyone know where to get the old mainland settings in EEP format? Don't get me wrong, I do like the new provided Environment more than the old Default, but what I don't like is driving from the mainland roads onto my parcel and seeing the windlight change so drastically. 😂 Thanks in advance for any leads on an Environment that matches the old mainland.

You can fetch it by setting your parcel's environment to use the region setting-> customize -> 'save as' instead of apply to parcel.

It's called "Region (legacy)" by default, and I just passed it to you in-world.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.