Where Can I Find A Script For Local Profile Link of Owner When Speaking

Saturn Venus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A script that links a profile link of the owner's name in local chat when whispering/speaking/shouting.

ย 

EXAMPLE:

secondlife:///app/agent/9bb35653-4ea2-41bb-bdc9-5bb51050f143/about : Hello, how are you? Welcome.

12 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

That's how Secondlife usually works?

Not what I meant at all.ย ๐Ÿ™ƒ

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Muva Leeder said:

Yeah, I figured, but I think we're all totally at a loss as to what you did mean.

Trying to unpack the original post:

• in what object would this script live,
  • what would it take as input, and
  • what would it generate as output?

31 minutes ago, Muva Leeder said:

literally the method is:

key id = "9bb35653-4ea2-41bb-bdc9-5bb51050f143";

llSay(0, "secondlife:///app/agent/" + (string)id + "/about : Hello, how are you? Welcome.");

methods for getting 'id' depend on the situation. Are we getting 'id' thru collision, sensor, sit, touch, etc

if you are looking for a pre-written script to do this based on your wants then post in Wanted forum

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Maybe if we could figure out the meaning of "profile link of the owner's name". I mean, whatever a profile link is, it's of the owner of what?ย of the script itself? We must be missing something.

it might be that OP wants the script owner to say hello. Something like:

key id = llGetOwner();

dunno exactly

might be tho that OP wants the greeting to look like it is coming from the owner and not from the scripted object. Which is not possible, altho is a thing that gets requested for quite often

with this i tend to name the greeter object to ":"

then in the compact chat view it looks like: [13:18] :: Molly: Hello, how are you? Welcome.

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2021 at 9:31 PM, Muva Leeder said:

A script that links a profile link of the owner's name in local chat when whispering/speaking/shouting.
EXAMPLE:
secondlife:///app/agent/9bb35653-4ea2-41bb-bdc9-5bb51050f143/about : Hello, how are you? Welcome.

I have no clue what "link a link" means, or what "owner" means (owner of what?), but to whisper, speak, or shout to local chat, use these three functions:

llWhisper(integer channel, string msg);
llSay(integer channel, string msg);
llShout(integer channel, string msg);

For example:

llWhisper(0, "secondlife:///app/agent/9bb35653-4ea2-41bb-bdc9-5bb51050f143/about : Hello, how are you? Welcome.");
llSay(0, "secondlife:///app/agent/9bb35653-4ea2-41bb-bdc9-5bb51050f143/about : Hello, how are you? Welcome.");
llShout(0, "secondlife:///app/agent/9bb35653-4ea2-41bb-bdc9-5bb51050f143/about : Hello, how are you? Welcome.");

ย 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.