Catwa HDPRO and bleed issues with some hairs

Lagabertha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi  I am hoping that the community can help here, been driving me insane lol, I am having issues with the scalp bleeding through a lot of hairs, mostly Doux. I have used a hair base to hide the scalp bleeding through but ofc the hairbase also bleeds through 

https://gyazo.com/7a6aace245ab2e7f1d0ae298f9fb33bb   and https://gyazo.com/5aa056cfaedd250b5dc60451bbe1225b

https://gyazo.com/d56e47aaea4e1a23320d5b4c5d328816

I have been using the HDPRO settings hide scalp which is great for the back of the head, However in the front, where I have arrowed it there a gap and if look closely can see through the head to the inside.

https://gyazo.com/44e1660050f71b4a19f49934e8161424

https://gyazo.com/38cb83c58624c7235228027f9d408294

Does anyone know of a way to fix this, and tbh If Catwa had another setting to hide say the back, or front of scalp I would be a happy girl, 

Lags xx

1 hour ago, Lagabertha said:

Does anyone know of a way to fix this, and tbh If Catwa had another setting to hide say the back, or front of scalp I would be a happy girl, 

Lags xx

Changing your shape, by adjusting the sliders in the head section until the scalp does not poke through the hair. It's a fine balance to make sure that the holes disappear but that it does not affect the appearance of your face too much.

I tried altering my head shape sliders but it changes me and tbh not for the better, lol, and few actually help the issue, I tried various brow bases and no luck, I can use the heads hide scalp but it still leaves me a tiny gap, which I admit is hard to see, but I know its their lol

1 hour ago, Lagabertha said:

Hi Seren

I tried that to and yes it helps but it still shows, I think have to deal with my little hole in the head, hehehehhe unless catwa add a fix, or doux

Are you using a shape that came with your head?  With your skin?  

I wear an HDPro head and I made some head alphas that solve the problem for me with hairs that misbehave.  It's just an alpha layer that goes forward further on the head than the "hide skull" option in the hud.  If you want to IM me inworld sometime, I can pass those to you and you can see if they help, if you'd like.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Are you using a shape that came with your head?  With your skin?  

I initially used the HDPRO brow, and now am using the one with my HDPRO skin, same issue, and I have tried other brows and they dont fix it

16 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Do you have any hairs that include an alpha layer? One may help you. Pre mesh heads they were very common some stores still include them. Often an alpha will hide parts of the head any in HUD options won't and work with more than just the hair they were created for

I dont, but I think might be right on that, I dont see any hair alpha with the problematic Doux hairstyles

Josephine, I read the Virtual guy blog, extremely helpful for other things but I am now thinking i need a custom alpha that fixes the back of the head only and not the full scalp in the catwa HUD

and yes Ajay that would be super helpful, I will IM you in world if you dont mind, I am in the UK my user name is ЖHlaðgerðr Jarnsiða Ж (lagabertha)

• Like 1

Oh I think i have it fixed, I found some hair alpha in my inventory from eXxEsS and =Dela= which dont alpha the very front of the head and that seems to have fixed it, Thank you all for such great help what a wonderful community, and ty Ajay for the offer of an alpha Hugs you all so very tightly  

Lags 🥰

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lagabertha said:

I initially used the HDPRO brow, and now am using the one with my HDPRO skin, same issue, and I have tried other brows and they dont fix it

I dont, but I think might be right on that, I dont see any hair alpha with the problematic Doux hairstyles

Josephine, I read the Virtual guy blog, extremely helpful for other things but I am now thinking i need a custom alpha that fixes the back of the head only and not the full scalp in the catwa HUD

and yes Ajay that would be super helpful, I will IM you in world if you dont mind, I am in the UK my user name is ЖHlaðgerðr Jarnsiða Ж (lagabertha)

I meant the actual shape that came with the head or body and not the brow shaper but glad you found a fix.

Head shape has an effect on hair.  What we think might be good (rounder) isn't always best.  I've never had an issue with hair fitting my head.  Some, such as Tram, are modify and always start out too small.  It's nice when hair is modify as opposed to set sizing or at least have a mod version available.

On 10/12/2021 at 1:35 PM, Lagabertha said:

Oh I think i have it fixed, I found some hair alpha in my inventory from eXxEsS and =Dela= which dont alpha the very front of the head and that seems to have fixed it, Thank you all for such great help what a wonderful community, and ty Ajay for the offer of an alpha Hugs you all so very tightly  

Lags 🥰

Oh hooray!  I'm glad you were able to get the issue solved :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.