Will This Work For SL?

WereBeast Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

That looks pretty good .. I'd make a point of ordering an extra 8gb ram and upgrading that yourself the moment you get it. 8 is fine, 16 is night and day better, especially if you plan on running SL and a browser at the same time.

Minimal tooling required (fine screwdriver and a guitar pick) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPJ4tGS6FHE

Very similar to my (non techie) kids laptop and he managed to do it by himself.

My only comment against this model is it's entry level gaming, a little extra money can get you a substantially better system. Eg $880 for this (+$40 for ram), vs $1050 for a laptop with a RTX 3050 and the extra 8gb ram and a fatter processor (https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Display-Processor-GeForce-82JW0012US/dp/B08YKG5K7F/ref=psdc_13896615011_t1_B07VBK4SYS)

When shopping nvidia, split the GFX card model number into 2 parts - eg 1650 .. 16 is the series, 50 is where it places in that range (about the middle) .. a 2050 is quite a bit better, a 3050 is night and day. A card ending in 60 is noticeably better than a 50 in the same series. Suffixes like "Ti" tend to mean almost as good as the next card up .. so 1650 ti isn't far off a base 1660 

7 hours ago, Amanda Crisp said:

You……left Mac……?????

image.gif

Wish I could but I will manage on this laptop as I said its not a full solution in my last post 

as for Mac it was with from a uni I was in for 6 months until I couldn't do it anymore

On 9/20/2021 at 2:05 PM, Marianne Little said:

So how about the ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT-BQ051T? It has good reviews from what I can see. (In stores my country)

• AMD Ryzen™ R5-3550H prosessor
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650
  • 8 GB RAM og 512 GB M.2 SSD

He has about as much money as a 2 day old 'newbie' wandering around outside sex clubs begging for L$'s to buy a pen *s! 

Edited by Dano Seale
  • Haha 1

Yeah the laptop was a waste of money it won't even load SL properly and I was getting a steady 4.5 frame rate per second on firestorm I am returning it to the buyer and asking for a refund but planning on getting this laptop instead now I got a stable income that is more reasonable.

MSI GF Series - 15.6" 144 Hz IPS - Intel Core i5 10th Gen 10500H (2.50 GHz) - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU - 8 GB DDR4 - 256 GB NVMe SSD - Windows 10 Home 64-bit - Gaming Laptop (GF63 Thin 10UC-440 )

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xxVi3perxx said:

Yeah the laptop was a waste of money it won't even load SL properly and I was getting a steady 4.5 frame rate per second on firestorm I am returning it to the buyer and asking for a refund but planning on getting this laptop instead now I got a stable income that is more reasonable.

MSI GF Series - 15.6" 144 Hz IPS - Intel Core i5 10th Gen 10500H (2.50 GHz) - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU - 8 GB DDR4 - 256 GB NVMe SSD - Windows 10 Home 64-bit - Gaming Laptop (GF63 Thin 10UC-440 )

That is galaxies better. 

14 hours ago, xxVi3perxx said:

RAM aside, that is what you should've gone with in the first place - if it were affordable at the time anyway.

3 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

RAM aside, that is what you should've gone with in the first place - if it were affordable at the time anyway.

No I could not afford it at the time I had barley enough to cover it now that I got a steady income since the pandemic has made it easier for me to find a job since most people still refuse to come back to work I am hoping by November at least around Black Friday to get that laptop but until then I am stuck on a MacBook Pro 2015 and using an external keyboard for a couple of months. I don't spend a lot of time on SL besides to hangout with a few buddies of mine who come on during the weekend or mid afternoon / evening some days.

• 1 year later...
On 9/27/2021 at 9:16 PM, WereBeast Alpha said:

That laptop is probably infected with *****. No ways a RTX 3050 laptop run firestorm at 4.5 FPS on ultra. My desktop have worser specs but running 100x faster.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, randakong said:

That laptop is probably infected with *****. No ways a RTX 3050 laptop run firestorm at 4.5 FPS on ultra. My desktop have worser specs but running 100x faster.

Aside from being a year late to the party, the 4.5 fps was in regards to the laptop mentioned in the OP with the integrated card not one with the RTX 3050.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.