Firestorm crashes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 931 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 9/22/2021 at 11:57 AM, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

It's most likely the GT730. Mine was bought as a supposed 730, announced as a 710 n the Bios, and crashed to black or to desktop randomly when visiting mesh-heavy regions or meeting people with mesh bodies.

The same PC with a different card (GT520) runs reliably.

How much VRAM did your GT520 have? I found one, but has 1 GB DDR3 VRAM

I remember having similar crashes on my windows pc many years ago with the GT710., eventually i had to load an older driver and do some registry tweaking to fix that...

Cant remember more though , too many years passed since i stopped using windows.

Edited by Nick0678

3 hours ago, KarraSue said:

How much VRAM did your GT520 have? I found one, but has 1 GB DDR3 VRAM

That's what I think I had. However, from the way it behaved when lots of textures were flung at it I suspected the memory was a lower spec. There has been a surge of ebay graphics cards rom China where the advert and the Bios claim the card is one thing, but it doesn't perform as such because it's a much lower spec GPU and/or memory. Consequently, although the OS and applications are lured by the fake Bios into throwing at it what they think it could handle, the card itseelf gives up when only a fraction of that has been received. Get gold of GPUZ and see what it says about your card. Also, whilst logged into SL, look at the sensor data on it to see what memory usage and temperatures it is detecting.

1 hour ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

A GT520 is garbage, you don’t want any part of that

I have one which performs well enough, it out-performs the GT710 by a great deal, except for crashing, where it definitely under-performs compared to the GT710.

For a budget card, it's good enough for SL with a dd of up to 96m in quite a busy region with ALM turned on.

23 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

That's what I think I had. However, from the way it behaved when lots of textures were flung at it I suspected the memory was a lower spec. There has been a surge of ebay graphics cards rom China where the advert and the Bios claim the card is one thing, but it doesn't perform as such because it's a much lower spec GPU and/or memory. Consequently, although the OS and applications are lured by the fake Bios into throwing at it what they think it could handle, the card itseelf gives up when only a fraction of that has been received. Get gold of GPUZ and see what it says about your card. Also, whilst logged into SL, look at the sensor data on it to see what memory usage and temperatures it is detecting.

Edited by KarraSue

9 minutes ago, KarraSue said:

GPU-Z showed 140 degrees while I had Singularity running yesterday, GPU load was 40%, Memory usage was 190 MB. I had the Singularity bandwidth @ 5270 Kbps, and texture bandwidth was at 5350 kbps.    Ping sim was 102 msec and packet loss was 0%. FPS was 60.4

I just checked and GPUZ reports  in degrees celcius by defautt but does indeed have an option for the Farenheits.

The GT520 cards I run are notorious for going up to and slightly over 100C, in my most problematic machine I have an additional 12V fan secured beneath the graphics card with blue-tak blowing more air up it than went up Marilyn's skirts in The 7-year Itch.

ETA good call, I keep forgetting half the world does things differently to us :)

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku

5 hours ago, KarraSue said:

GPU-Z showed 140 degrees while I had Singularity running yesterday, GPU load was 40%, Memory usage was 190 MB. I had the Singularity bandwidth @ 5270 Kbps, and texture bandwidth was at 5350 kbps.    Ping sim was 102 msec and packet loss was 0%. FPS was 60.4

Your GPU is crying for some fresh thermal paste

26 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

140C is impossible. The system will shut down before it gets anywhere close to that.

Maybe but mot necessarily .

140C is very high but it depends on the computer model/bios if it will shutdown due to thermal event..

68747470733a2f2f766a61756a35383534392e69

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 931 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.